Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ LogoGrow

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I can use this plugin rather nicely on my old Pentium 4 desktop, however, on my new 8 gB laptop,
I cannot, and as soon as I try to activate it, I receive a popup message saying "d3dx9_43.dll is missing". Not sure why my very old machine would have this in there while my brand new lappy doesn't. Why? And where do I obtain it for the lappy, in order to use most of his transistions? Thanx in advance.

Posted Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 7:43 am
Just update DirectX from Microsoft website...

Posted Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 8:12 am
Thats what I was thinking but my new laptop is already the latest direct x10, which my pentium 4 doesn't even have, but still works with the plugin. How is an upgrade to direct x10 going to include a directx 9 file that it should already have?

Posted Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 10:56 am
Just run the DX9 setup from the web. It will do the rest automatically...
Also you may want to install the following:
VC 2005 Redist
VC 2008 Redist
VC 2010 Redist

All these 3 and DX9 will allow you to run almost any plug-in available on this site...

Posted Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 11:09 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Just run the DX9 setup from the web. It will do the rest automatically...
Also you may want to install the following:
VC 2005 Redist
VC 2008 Redist
VC 2010 Redist

All these 3 and DX9 will allow you to run almost any plug-in available on this site...

Thx Phantom, but will running dx9 on top of dx 10 change anything in dx10 and mess this up. I thought I read once before that once the newer ones are installed, you can't undo anything when it comes to those updates with directX.

Posted Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 11:33 am
I meant dx11, and was wondering am I actually being asked to downgrade to dx9??

Posted Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 11:36 am
Just use the online installer. It automatically picks up the files that are missing and the files that must be updated. A lot of things have changed the last few years... :P

EDIT: No you won't downgrade. You will just install DX9 specific files that are missing from your system.

Posted Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 11:37 am
How do I find what VC Redistributions I already have??

Posted Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 10:56 pm
Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs

Posted Tue 11 Dec 12 @ 3:41 am
Windows 7 doesnt have add/remove programs, but I did find what I had and got everything working now. I really need help on my other thread above this though. :)

Posted Wed 12 Dec 12 @ 1:31 am
Everything worked out great, thanx.

Posted Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 12:37 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
bryantpb wrote :
Windows 7 doesnt have add/remove programs, but I did find what I had and got everything working now. I really need help on my other thread above this though. :)

Just an update, Windows 7 has a "Uninstall a Program" under Programs in the control panel.

Posted Thu 20 Dec 12 @ 9:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)