Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: bpm

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I ask this question before but never got a response each time I analyse my music It will never give me the bpm on my music just the length and please don’t tell me I have to start all over I have to much music for that thanks in advance

Posted Fri 12 Sep 03 @ 11:17 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
how do you analize your tracks?
Try moving one track directly to one deck

Posted Fri 12 Sep 03 @ 11:28 pm
i right click it and put it on the deck all it gives me is the length of the songs and when i exit vdj and come back to the songs i analyse everthing is going i have to analyse it all over again do i have a bad file in vdj

Posted Sat 13 Sep 03 @ 12:35 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Out of 22,450 songs, I have 2 that when analysed show only the time, but no BPM. I don't know if it's a bad file, or a beat line that VDJ gets confused over or what. However, I just manually beat tapped those 2 tracks and then forget all about them.

Posted Sat 13 Sep 03 @ 5:39 pm
As long as someone is having the same problem I guest it’s ok

Posted Sat 13 Sep 03 @ 9:41 pm
Rick doesnt seem to have the same as bigger problem as you as out of his big mp3 collection only 2 didnt show bpm

Posted Sat 13 Sep 03 @ 9:51 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
mp3, wav, wma?? bitrate?? maybe read-only??

Posted Sat 13 Sep 03 @ 9:52 pm
thinking about it.... of my library, probably only about 4000 have been analysed. so, 2 out of 4000.
I don't think it's a read only issue... I think it's more likely a problem with the file itself.

Posted Sat 13 Sep 03 @ 10:00 pm
yes i tend to agree with rick here, have you tried another copy of the song(s)?

Posted Sun 14 Sep 03 @ 12:45 am
No, like I said, I manually counted the bpm and forgot about them until this thread started...
Perhaps tomorrow or Monday I'll move the internal database, and reanalyse until one of them shows up again.
once I find it, I'll have a hard look at the file and see if there's anything different about it.

Posted Sun 14 Sep 03 @ 2:11 am
Rick my last post was aimed at bigtonyt :P sorry

Posted Sun 14 Sep 03 @ 11:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)