Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Changing effect names for hercules rmx2 skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello everyone, I have just became a new member here and have just began my long journey with learning how to DJ.
I recently bought a Hercules rmx2 and downloaded the Hercules rmx 2 skin here from djdad. I have one question I have been trying to load different effects on the pads....and I was successful but for some reason the skin is not reflecting the change visually. Here in the picture below I change TK filter to rollit but it still says TK filter. How can I make it so that my changes reflect on the skin. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated as Im a total noob and need all the help I can get. Thank you DJ community.
Please Not: If i posted this in the wrong area please excuse me for doing so.

Posted Wed 28 Nov 12 @ 8:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The skin was made based on the default mapper, and the FX pads respond on specific effects. The text in the buttons is also graphics, and whatever change you need to do in the effects, you need to edit both the xml and then bmp files.
In version 8, it will be easier (skin is already done for it), but for ver 7 its not an easy one (to change the effects of the skin on the fly).
I will try to find a workaround but not much free time lately.

Posted Wed 28 Nov 12 @ 9:46 am
Hey thanxs alot Djdad...always awesome to get the answer directly from the source. :) Ill look forward to whatever you come up with! Thanks again.

Posted Wed 28 Nov 12 @ 4:14 pm
Hello - first of all love your skin!! Just wondering if you have any updates to being able to change the effect pad names. Thanks again for your amazing work!!

Posted Mon 11 Mar 13 @ 11:15 pm
Sorry guys i tried took a look the .bpm file with photoshop but the graphics show only the status of the squares when they are blu and not when they are white. How could I change the name of the effects?Could you please explain me in details?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Posted Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 2:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)