Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: HD 4 Deck Swap Problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am using the numark n4 with hd 4 deck swap skin in 1920x1080 resolution and the master volume, headphone volume knobs dont seem to move on the software when i move them on the n4, also the gain knobs seem to be delayed in there movement in relation to when they are moved on the n4 sometimes no response, or not aligned properly.

I have Used the le vdj n4 4 deck skin that came on a disk with the n4 and it works perfectly but now i have upgraded to the pro version of vdj 7 as i need the full screen video option and my laptop screen res is 1920x1080 and i needed a hi-res skin so i downloaded the hd 4 deck swap and my problems started from then on. My question is how do i smooth out these problems, have i loaded the wrong mapper, is there anything i can change to correct these problems any help would be appreciated thanks

Posted Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 5:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
headphone Volume and Master Volume knobs of the N4 are not MIDI, so those are hardware knobs and only affect the sound of the N4 sound card. You will not be able to see them moving in the skin. But that is irrelevant to the skin. Same thing should happen with the default skin as well. Correct ?

About the Gain sliders, what do you mean they dont respond at once ?
Have in mind , that when a song loads , the Gain should be on 12 o clock position (on the screen), and after the song loads completely, it will adjust the Gain to either 0 db (if AutoGain is set to Auto in Config-->Options) or to the previous adjustment you have done if AutoGain is set to Auto+Remember

Posted Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 6:44 pm
Thanks for the reply the n4 vdj le 4 deck version from numark's website all the knobs including volume master and headphone knobs move on the screen is that what you mean by default skin and with the gain knobs hd 4 deck swap when i move from the 12 o'clock position sometimes theres a lag of a few seconds then the knob moves on the screen its as if its stuck, but its random when it happens everything else works perfectly

Posted Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 7:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
That is strange.
I dont see either Master Volume or Headphones Volume mapped on the N4. The only one that is mapped is the Headphones Cue-Mix.
Can you try this please..
Goto COnfig-->Mappers, select the N4 from the list, choose to Add a Key (the Cross Icon on the bottom), and move the Master Volume knob of the N4. If that knob sends MIDI then it will appear on the top, right side in the Key Box.

Posted Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 7:17 pm
Hi i tried what you asked and your are right nothing appears in the key learn box so you are right i could of sworn it did when i first used the n4 with the le version sorry about that, also just to show you a screen shot with no songs loaded every knob on the mixer set to 12 o\\\'clock this is how it looks on the screen slightly out on few knobs can it be refined in anyway? thanks

Posted Wed 24 Oct 12 @ 3:02 am
VirtualDJ will automatically analyse each song that you load and apply the appropriate amount of gain that's needed to normalise it. This is why you will see the on-screen gain knob move to different positions with each different song that you load, depending on the amount of gain adjustment that is needed.

Manual gain adjustment is not normally necessary except in the rare cases where it's not set correctly and even then, it only needs to be done once. If you prefer to manually adjust the gain yourself, then you can change the Auto Gain option in VirtualDJ's CONFIG -> Options to suit your preferences.

Most MIDI controllers will use soft-takeover for the gain knob, so if you move the physical knob, it won't respond on screen until it's moved to the correct position.

Please see our FAQ pages on these subjects:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Soft%20Take-over%20or%20Non-MIDI%20Mixer.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Pre-Analysing%20Your%20Music%20Collection.html

If you find that some of the on-screen knobs are off-centre at start-up, then this may be due to the physical knobs not being exactly centred on the controller (Some controllers will send the knob positions at start-up) or could be a hardware/firmware fault with those knobs (E.g: Centre detent position is actually 1 'click' to the left of 12 o'clock.) It's also possible that this may be a graphical error in the skin that you are using. Try using a different skin such as the VirtualDJ default skin.

Posted Wed 24 Oct 12 @ 5:54 am
Thanks very usefull information

Posted Wed 24 Oct 12 @ 4:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)