Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Best skin for simple bar operation

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Guys,

I have a smallish bar in Thailand and I use Virtual DJ to play the music in it.

I'm after a skin that will let me search my external hard drive with the music on it, can anyone recommend one?

Right now all I can do is select a folder and search in there - unless there is a higher level search function that I am not aware of?

Many thanks in advance,

Tom.

Posted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 1:06 am
OK, poking around I see you have to add the folders to the search database - weird that that is not done automatically when you plug the external drive in...!

Tom.

Posted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 1:34 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Simply let the VDJ scan all your music files first so that your software can create a database for all your music files.
Example: right click My Music > Scan for BPM or maybe Add to search DB
Scanning may take sometime depending on how many music files you have in your system.
After that walahh, you can type anything on the search bar with results even if you're not in the root folder.
With music files being tagged properly (artist - title) searching came out handy.

Posted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 1:37 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 7:07 am
For VirtualDJ to find music outside of the current folder that you have selected, you will need to add it to your database. Once added, you will be able to find them when searching regardless of which folder you have selected.

Please see our FAQ pages: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Add%20to%20search%20DB.html

NOTE: By default VirtualDJ automatically adds songs that you have already played to the database.

Posted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 2:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)