Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: iPad App for Requests

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

so I've been writing an iPad app for taking requests which so far has been working well for me. The idea is that I have an iPad near the DJ table which is linked to the VDJ Library. Guests can look through songs (I've been using it for karaoke) and then click a request button, type in their name and it pops up on my laptop. I can get it all queued up and ready without having people try and lean over and knocking equipment. Would anybody else find such a thing interesting?

Furthermore, does anybody know of a tool to mass sort out a database? So far I've been editing my karaoke tracks manually to get the <Author> and whatnot tags in the VDJ XML file, but it becomes tedious when you have thousands.

Posted Sun 30 Sep 12 @ 1:57 pm
Wow i would deffo be interested in this, sounds brilliant, I'm guessing that this would need wireless internet to work tho would it?

Posted Sun 30 Sep 12 @ 2:49 pm
I use a program called mp3tag to edit my karaoke files. It edits the ID3 tags and you can rename the file's too. It automatically renames the cdg file's when you change the file name. You can also do bulk editing. The program is also freeware.

Posted Mon 01 Oct 12 @ 9:04 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey Adam, try something like KJ filemanager by Latshaw systems.

Still tedious but you get your tunes sorted a lot faster.

Posted Mon 01 Oct 12 @ 12:14 pm
omg is he just teasing i want to know more about this so much!! lol

Posted Mon 01 Oct 12 @ 7:11 pm
scottish_ash wrote :
omg is he just teasing i want to know more about this so much!! lol

1++

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 4:52 am
Anybody got any contact details for OP? Desperate to find out about this before i print off karaoke book lol

Posted Sat 06 Oct 12 @ 9:42 pm
+1

Posted Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 5:04 am
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
+2

let me know if you need beta tester for the app.

the best MP3, MP4, FLAC, OGG .... tagger and file renamer is the godfather. You can make scrips for special mass changes etc ...
Best of all it's for free

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/godfather.html

Posted Tue 09 Oct 12 @ 3:41 pm
I have been looking for a program that has a feature similar to this! Please finish and make is OSx compatible! :) Also, anyone made any progress on the Karaoke Rotation plugin for mac yet? I am assuming your plugin would have to integrate with the existing Karaoke Plugin...

Posted Fri 12 Oct 12 @ 12:59 pm
scottish_ash wrote :
Wow i would deffo be interested in this, sounds brilliant, I'm guessing that this would need wireless internet to work tho would it?

You could always create an Ad Hoc network from your computer and use that if house wireless is not available

Posted Fri 12 Oct 12 @ 1:01 pm
im in... willing to pay for this.... or better yet get it for free. you will also need to be able to lock out some of the songs as some people will abuse it... once its selected it needs to be in the to be played list of the hiden song list..

Posted Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 12:37 pm
Think we all getting teased here lol

Posted Sat 20 Oct 12 @ 9:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)