Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Website Feature Requests - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi,

I'd like to suggest a couple of features for the VirtualDJ website:

1. Allow skin creators to upload larger previews of their skin, rather than the tiny thumbnail images we have at the moment. I'd like to see what a skin looks like before I download it.

2. Allow FX creators to upload a sample of their effect so we can preview it before we download it.

What are your thoughts?

Posted Wed 26 Sep 12 @ 8:53 pm
+2

Also I would like Personal messages to take a conversation format so I can see previous entries... It is always a pain to go through all my messages to find the one I need to explain something.

And It would be a good idea to have the default search to go straight to google with "site:virtualdj.com" already filled in.

Also did someone say AJAX, reloading pages sucks ;-)

Posted Thu 27 Sep 12 @ 12:56 am
On the subject of this forum, I think the most useful thing would be a way to see any/all new posts since your last visit.

It's common on other forums and helps a lot.

Posted Thu 27 Sep 12 @ 6:03 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Another comment on the forum.
Improved searching, especially for authors of posts.
The ability to pull up threads that you have replied on.

Posted Thu 27 Sep 12 @ 10:27 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Preview your post before posting on a thread,... for typos, edits, ect. and making sure it's the way you indended it to look like, including images if possible..

Posted Thu 27 Sep 12 @ 8:49 pm
Automatically see new post added while on a thread without having to manually refresh it by clicking in the root link..

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 10:49 am
JoeyKJ wrote :
Automatically see new post added while on a thread without having to manually refresh it by clicking in the root link..

that's the magic of AJAX!

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 6:15 pm
Let see if they can throw a little AJAX in the forum mix..then

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 8:56 pm
Also a mobile version.......... I do almost everything on my phone, lol!!

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 10:34 pm
A simple like button to stop people quoting an entire entry just to say "yeah!!!"

But seriously, like's can also be used to highlight a key response - an answer to a problem so you don't have to trawl the whole thread.

Microsoft have the "mark this reply as an answer" option - have used that many times...

Roy

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 12:51 pm
can you add a mac and pc logo to people's avatar description that is selectable in the "Modify My Profile" page... It would make it easier to tailor responses more specifically to someone's operating system with that extra little bit of information.

Posted Sat 27 Oct 12 @ 12:49 am
I love the site and the forum however I think you need to add some new features, technologies have advanced and the site/forum feels old.

Also, when looking in my area for fellow users there were loads although the majority were just NLU's! can you implement a filter to filter out NLU's?

Posted Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 3:09 pm
Can you disable the backspace key on the new post page when the textarea doesn't have focus, or put in a prompt to ask the user if they actually want to leave the current page before losing everything they just wrote... Or better yet use a setTimeout to save the information periodically. To save space and requests on your server you could probably even wait 3 - 5 minutes before you start to save the information, to avoid storing small posts. or even just save it client side.

Also because I use colours frequently a wysiwyg rich text editor would be handy as the BB code gets a little hard to read through, I can see the forum becoming a colourful mess if everyone had it so maybe just for exp and above

Posted Thu 20 Dec 12 @ 1:30 am
I want to have a follow my own links page.. it would be anytime I added a comment or question I could see all my messages with a button you add next to the my private messages.This way I can track it all...

Posted Fri 08 Feb 13 @ 11:20 pm
whats a good website to get dj music from ?

Posted Sat 23 Feb 13 @ 6:06 pm
Please open your own new topic in the correct forum rather than hi-jacking an existing one that is not related to your question in any way.

This topic and forum is for requests for new features to be considered for future versions of VirtualDJ.

To open a new topic, please first go to the correct forum (E.g: Music Discussion) and then click on the pen and paper icon at the top of the forum topic list page to create your own new topic.

Please also note that discussion of illegal activities is also not permitted in the VirtualDJ forums. Please support the artists and the music industry by purchasing your music from legitimate sources such as iTunes, Amazon, PromoOnly, etc. Both you and your venue could face prosecution if you are caught playing illegally obtained music in public.

Posted Sun 24 Feb 13 @ 11:00 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Don't feel bad, Charlie. I moved to Antarctica to get away from the loonies, and see who my closest neighbor is?

Posted Sun 24 Feb 13 @ 11:26 am
This page is something I put up about 3 years ago as an experiment. The server has an automatic locator based on your IP address but the database for that is outdated which I could update.

It also allows post immediately without refreshing. Not something I am pushing or anything like that, but thought it might be a little interesting to you.

I had the server down for awhile and just put server back online.

You can test interactive nature by running from 2 machines or just by having 2 web pages pointing to the same site.

SMS is offline for it.

http://sms.pangolin.com/rtblog/

Posted Tue 26 Feb 13 @ 12:09 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
TearEmUp wrote :
Don't feel bad, Charlie. I moved to Antarctica to get away from the loonies, and see who my closest neighbor is?

Damn, more out of towners...

Posted Tue 26 Feb 13 @ 12:32 pm
When posting a reply, the ability to see the post(s) you're replying to....

At the moment, replying is done in a completely new window and you are unable to see any of the existing posts in the thread.

Posted Fri 22 Mar 13 @ 11:24 am
9%