Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: the cds4 skin rocks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just spent 8 hours editing everything and programing the herculs rmx. to the skin.. its unfreaking real the stuff i got it to do.. now special thanks for who ever took the time to make it. I cant wait and imagine how great virt 8 is going to be.

Posted Tue 18 Sep 12 @ 12:48 am

Posted Tue 18 Sep 12 @ 3:17 am
Any chance of you posting a link to that RMX mapping file to go with the skin, Tycoon?....Would love to check it out....

Posted Tue 18 Sep 12 @ 10:29 am
MeowMixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Damn right it rocks.

Phantom did an unbelievable job with it. It has a ton of depth to it.

Glad people are finding it useful.

Posted Tue 18 Sep 12 @ 11:01 am
use full , it works better then my ex.. It has the abilitys that make it work with out an issues. first thing i noticed. It loaded the songs with the click of one button when I selected the deck it auto loaded to my controler as I was trying to map two controlers , a apc40 and 66 keys of piano.. plus dm2 and a drum machine.. now this is why it took me eight hours. The idea behind the programing is that all the effects I want to be able to do will be linked to the apc 40 and as you press the button it will lock and then allow the dials to adjust the depth and effects , since the cross fader on it needs to be a different feature im going to look at seeing what I can use as a controler and midi button progression effect mod that is multi level , the second part is that I want to see if i can splt the screen to have the effects on one of the four screens and the the others on one of the others. Im thinking out side the box.. I dont want to go into many more hours as im sure 8 is going to be the cats pj's.. then I will spend days doing it.will post some of the commands when I hit the other computer..

Posted Wed 19 Sep 12 @ 10:08 pm
welcome to tuesday after a long week of working . here is the thing about making buttons that is unreal easy. You can click the learn the button in the mapping section. As many of you know most of the original lay outs are not designed as we need. even most controlers are not made or even checked out by djs as the rmx is missing lights in all the buttons that I use the most. the idea of forum is brilliant as it allows us to learn and grow as djs. The changes I added to the rmx were in the pitch reset , it was made as

a) pitch_bend -2% 500ms
b) pitch_bend +2% 500ms
like a pitch bump

next is the leys 1-6

press learn key , then press they key on the controler and then action learned is loop 2 or loop 4 or so on that it will loop in and out on pressing that key.

now im goign to make it so that the scratch key becomes the flip switch between the loop and effects. As if im going to scratch im going to use a turn table. linked into the back source.
so once again press the learn key press scratch then

Posted Tue 25 Sep 12 @ 1:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)