Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Pioneer Pro DJ (Coming Soon) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi guys, this is a new skin im working on. I have taken inspiration from the original Pioneer Pro skin and rebuilt it completly and made it 4 decks. its current resolution is 1280x1024 but looking to make it in a few resolutions (as soon as i find out whats most popular). It will be compatable with both windows and mac. Its for use with controllers and desigined to relay information (so no mixer). I have not added any video functions as its more for audio, but i might add video in the future.

If still got a bit of space to fill so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1263/pioneerprodj.png

Thanks for looking ;)

Posted Wed 15 Aug 12 @ 5:56 am
looks very good. Please think about people with HD screens a resolution of 1920 x 1080 and if possible a two deck version (perhaps per swap buttom toggle between two and four)
but as already said : looks very good

Posted Thu 16 Aug 12 @ 8:10 am
Another Pioneer skin............smh.......

Posted Thu 16 Aug 12 @ 2:46 pm

Posted Tue 28 Aug 12 @ 11:47 am
Any chance of a 2 deck version 1920x1200 with nice big browser section please :-)

Posted Thu 30 Aug 12 @ 4:04 pm
Yea a 1920x1200 is something i can do. Ive started a new skin now, so it will only be when i have time to work on it, so it might take me a couple of weeks.

Posted Thu 30 Aug 12 @ 8:10 pm
djkaysop wrote :
Yea a 1920x1200 is something i can do. Ive started a new skin now, so it will only be when i have time to work on it, so it might take me a couple of weeks.

That would be great, thanks. I love this skin. 2 decks and 1920x1200 and it would be the perfect skin for me. Video windows and it would be totally awesome.

Posted Sun 02 Sep 12 @ 9:16 am
Ok, I have started working on what you want, only done some of the image so far, no coding. I've done what you asked, 2 decks, big browser, 1920x1200, and I've added video windows. This is what I have come up with so far....
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/100/pioneerprodjhd.png/
This is not the finshed product, some of the buttons need moving around, and some need adding. This is just so you can get a chance to make any changes or add something else. Let me know what you think.

Posted Sat 08 Sep 12 @ 1:52 am
Looking perfect so far :-)
Will it be able to switch to waveform view for gigs not using video and will there be timecode on and off buttons?

Posted Wed 12 Sep 12 @ 9:21 pm
Yes i will be adding timecode buttons, not sure what you mean about the wave though, there is a switchable wave on the top like the orginal skin. do you want the video windows hidden when not in use you mean? I wasnt going to but i can if you want, I wanted to keep pannels out of it, to make it lighter on the cpu, but i guess i could do that some how.

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 4:30 am
Yes I mean the vertical scratch waves for when not using video like on the stock VDJ skin. They can be hidden for when using video.

I would like to say the skin looks awesome so far :-)

Posted Fri 14 Sep 12 @ 4:55 pm
Any updates on this?

Posted Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 3:18 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
djkaysop wrote :
Ok, I have started working on what you want, only done some of the image so far, no coding. I've done what you asked, 2 decks, big browser, 1920x1200, and I've added video windows. This is what I have come up with so far....
This is not the finshed product, some of the buttons need moving around, and some need adding. This is just so you can get a chance to make any changes or add something else. Let me know what you think.

I think you could make the players a little bit bigger and the browser just litte smaller
/Fredrik

Posted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 1:29 am
Please, make the 2 deck version in 1440x900

Posted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 1:48 am
freppa wrote :
djkaysop wrote :

I think you could make the players a little bit bigger and the browser just litte smaller
/Fredrik

Totally disagree, as much browser space as possible makes it much easier to find tracks

Posted Sun 14 Oct 12 @ 7:56 pm
djjameslake wrote :
freppa wrote :
djkaysop wrote :

/Fredrik

Totally disagree, as much browser space as possible makes it much easier to find tracks

If you have some kind of order in your music libary you dont need that big browser, I would like to see all thing that is possible on the players like loop,efx etc..

If you want to FIND tracks use your search field...

And it is possible to resize the text in your browser in the skin, it´s real easy so your text can be smaller and you got enough songs showed.

Posted Mon 15 Oct 12 @ 10:33 am
freppa wrote :
djjameslake wrote :
freppa wrote :
djkaysop wrote :

/Fredrik

If you have some kind of order in your music libary you dont need that big browser, I would like to see all thing that is possible on the players like loop,efx etc..

And it is possible to resize the text in your browser in the skin, it´s real easy so your text can be smaller and you got enough songs showed.

I have plenty of order to my files, have been digital for last 10 years and use a controller so having big panels is a waste of space.
I like to flick through folders to find forgotten about tracks as dont like using the same sets all the time so browser space for me is a must.
1920 x 1200

Posted Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 6:44 pm
djjameslake wrote :
freppa wrote :
djjameslake wrote :
freppa wrote :
djkaysop wrote :

/Fredrik

I have plenty of order to my files, have been digital for last 10 years and use a controller so having big panels is a waste of space.
I like to flick through folders to find forgotten about tracks as dont like using the same sets all the time so browser space for me is a must.
1920 x 1200

Hey James.

I dont want to offend you in any way.
But you say that you have been a Dj for 10 years now, then you should know what songs to play or make a playlist in advance with suggestions from the people you are going to work for (I use the rating system to see all my favorite tracks in separated genre maps).

Well when Vdj 8 will be released I think that most of all skins will need to be rebuilt ;)

Posted Thu 18 Oct 12 @ 6:49 am
freppa wrote :
djjameslake wrote :
freppa wrote :
djjameslake wrote :
freppa wrote :
[quote=djkaysop]Ok, I have started working on what you want, only done some of the image so far, no coding. I've done what you asked, 2 decks, big browser, 1920x1200, and I've added video windows. This is what I have come up with so far....

/Fredrik

And it is possible to resize the text in your browser in the skin, it´s real easy so your text can be smaller and you got enough songs showed.[/quote

1920 x 1200

Hey James.

I dont want to offend you in any way.
But you say that you have been a Dj for 10 years now, then you should know what songs to play or make a playlist in advance with suggestions from the people you are going to work for (I use the rating system to see all my favorite tracks in separated genre maps).

Well when Vdj 8 will be released I think that most of all skins will need to be rebuilt ;)

No offence taken it depends how you work. I have actually been a professional DJ for 27 years (digital for 10) and never to this day pre-planned a set. I get inspiration from reading the dancefloor and choose tunes to play depending on how it is at that moment. I like to browse for songs that may have been forgotten about. Playlist are great and have many of them for different genres and sure fire floor fillers but its all too easy to keep playing the same tunes week in week out and become predictable.The folder structure on my drives is probably one of the most comprehensive out there and I do rate tracks as well but in the comments not ratings. You say use search and if that works for you great but it wont help you find inspiration from forgotten or seldom played tunes no matter how good a memory.

All this is irrelevant anyway, the guy who built this skin already mentioned its designed for use with controller so the graphics for the decks are really just so you can see what they are doing Screen space for browsers is crucial especially when you start using the wait list at the bottom of the screen as well for little gems to throw in later in the night.

Posted Thu 18 Oct 12 @ 7:28 pm
Guys, do you really need to continually quote the post directly above each time you answer. Makes the thread look messy and confusing. Just my opinion.

Posted Sat 20 Oct 12 @ 4:57 am
87%