Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ 7.1 - Page: 8

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I'm old fashioned - I think it should say bass, mid and treble. :-P

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 11:26 am
DJFooey wrote :
To the moderator who thinks its funny to be rude to paying customers...... Have you ever worked in a customer service environment?

Yes, most of my life actually!

DJFooey wrote :
Should you actually be a moderator of this forum? Maybe Atomix should rethink your status as Moderator!! I think so.

One reply to one of your posts and I should be sacked, really?

DJFooey wrote :
So I never posted the same thing everyday!! I had said something the day before about wishing it was today and then posted are we there yet....

Which is two days running. There are enough posts on the release of 7.1 without someone posting two days in a row asking a question they already know the answer to.

DJFooey wrote :
Yes I listened to the video that said it would be sometime within the next couple of weeks. I took that as it could be any day now and I've been checking everyday for it.

So you know it will be ready when it's ready.

DJFooey wrote :
as for you don't be a Douche!! You should never treat a customer that way no matter how cool you thin you are!!!

Being a paying customer doesn't entitle you to post what you like.

If you're unhappy with your treatment on the forum then please raise a support ticket and one of the Atomix staff will respond to you.

Regards

Keith

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 11:30 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok, ok ....

1. This is not a debate thread - but the points have been made about HI and HIGH
--- And groovindj, I would agree with you - but you know that won't happen. And good thing the industry has moved to HI or HIGH so that way I don't have to admit my preference to something else as well.

2. Please understand our forums rules before you take threads on a hi-jacked tangent. Please keep the posts on topic.

3. Making multiple posts about 'when','where','what time', etc. is not the right way to communicate your excitement. You will know when we release the update - you don't have to check back everyday and post about it.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 11:58 am
Cant wait :) roughly how many weeks will it be?

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 12:24 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Maybe we could come up with a skin that works for everyone....

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 12:38 pm

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 12:53 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Part 4 video posted 17th August, version 7.1 to be released "within the next 2 weeks".

There ya go!

Keith

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 1:41 pm
DJFooeyPRO InfinityMember since 2010

Being a paying customer doesn't entitle you to post what you like.

If you're unhappy with your treatment on the forum then please raise a support ticket and one of the Atomix staff will respond to you.

Regards

Keith
[/quote]

Support ticket has been created Thank you

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 1:43 pm
OMG!! Will you 2 get over yourselves already......... this is childish..

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 1:45 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :
Part 4 video posted 17th August, version 7.1 to be released "within the next 2 weeks".

There ya go!

Keith

So it could be any day? Since it says within the next two weeks correct? They didn't say 2 weeks they said within 2 weeks which means it could be here any day really! that is how I understood it! but what do I know I'm just a customer who doesn't have the right to post in this forum!!!

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 1:48 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
OMG!! Will you 2 get over yourselves already......... this is childish..

sorry bro I just handled it and won't post any more about it. I just didn't appreciate kradcliffe's actions on the forum.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 1:52 pm
DJFooey wrote :
So it could be any day? Since it says within the next two weeks correct? They didn't say 2 weeks they said within 2 weeks which means it could be here any day really! that is how I understood it!

Updates are normally released at the end of or just after the weekend to prevent over-enthousiastic users to gig with a PC that isn't properly set up. So hold your breath and start your daily check next sunday.... (and don't shoot the messenger if this release is delayed....)

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 2:15 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Please stop the wondering and speculating of the 'time'. Like always - when it is ready then we will make it available.

However, here is a direct quote from the original post that was made on the 14th of August ...

Corporate staff wrote :
We will be releasing a 7.1 update within the coming weeks.

"within the coming weeks"

That does not mean 10, 14, 21, etc., etc. days ...

It means that we are going to release a 7.1 minor version update prior to the major version release of 8.

As it has been mentioned before in this thread ... do not expect it to release on a Thursday/Friday/Saturday ... we know these are the days where the majority of our users are working. And we would not want to entice you to just throw a new version in your system on your work night. Instead we typically will release on a Sunday/Monday/Tuesday - so that you have time to update and then evaluate the update prior to your next big weekend or night.

So within the coming weeks there will be an update made available as originally stated in the first post.

Hope that helps calm some people down... :)

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 2:26 pm
@CSTOLL
I'm sorry I don't think you are being clear enough in your post. Do you mean this 7.1 update will be released in the coming weeks? By weeks do they mean full seven day weeks or business weeks?

(sarcasm btw) :P

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 4:02 pm
cstoll wrote :
Guys ... really? A debate on the validity of "HI" vs "HIGH" ??? They are the same thing where one is the shortened version of the other.

hahahahahahhahahah

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 5:51 pm
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
kradcliffe wrote :

As far as I can remember it was quoted as "a couple of weeks" at the Expo, and only one week has elapsed.

Yes, and now the same for VDJ 8:

As far as I can remember it was quoted as "more than a few weeks" at 4. NOV 2011 , and only 42 weeks has elapsed. :-)

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 6:06 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
...Wow, Hilarious thread..

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 8:05 pm
Wow... Thanks Atomix.. I'm waiting...

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 8:38 pm
Ludek wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :

As far as I can remember it was quoted as "a couple of weeks" at the Expo, and only one week has elapsed.

As far as I can remember it was quoted as "more than a few weeks" at 4. NOV 2011 , and only 42 weeks has elapsed. :-)

Yes, but they also say "it will be ready when its ready"...
I take that as ITS NOT READY!! Regardless of how much time has elapsed=D...

Posted Thu 23 Aug 12 @ 12:36 am
Ludek wrote :

Complaining about how long it's taking will NOT get it released any sooner.
Maybe Atomix should release the version of 8 that they are still working on to the few that are moaning, then you can all put it on your gig machines, go out working with it and when something goes wrong and your employers have a go at you, offer you no support, just say "We told you it wasn't ready but you just had to have it didn't you?"

I for one am very excited about version 8, and am also looking forward to version 7.1, but not at the chance of gigging with an unready product and looking a 100% idiot if something went wrong with it. Version 7.05b is working perfectly for me and many other people, if it's not for you, all you have to do is open a support ticket.

Anyway, my knowledge of English reads "more than a few weeks" to say "Here we are announcing Version 8, it's not ready yet, and as it's still in it's early stages will not be arriving in the next few weeks. So there is no need to ask when a thousand times on the forums."

Keep up the good work Atomix and hopefully the impatient ones will eventually get the message "When it's ready, You can have it!!!"

Posted Thu 23 Aug 12 @ 4:01 am
59%