Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Echo Out

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Is there any chance someone could make an echo out effect, it doesn't need to be looped but a nice echo out with some subtle delay.

Such as the FX possible on the Pioneer mixers, the echo out/delay (post fader) is very smooth.

Posted Fri 03 Aug 12 @ 6:23 pm
Hi, I find EchoDoppler to be a great plugin for that. It's got buttons to make the echo exactly 1 beat or half a beat in length and sliders for everything else.

Obviously effects in vdj aren't post-fader, but on this one the slider 1, the wet/dry knob works great to give the echo out effect. Not sure what controller you've got, but most have 4 knobs and 4 buttons so that's ideal. Just turn the wet/dry knob smoothly from all dry to all wet and it's a great echo out.

Also, you can get some awesome effects by putting slider 3 up to nearly maximum, slider 2 just over half way(about "1 o'clock" if it's on a controller knob) , smoothly fade from dry to wet (to get a repeating echo), now move slider 2 slightly to the right and you get this cool "power-down" kind of echo effect.

Hope that helps.

Posted Sat 11 Aug 12 @ 5:14 am

Thanks for this Andy, after your suggestion I played with the effect and managed to get the effect I wanted or there abouts, some of these effects just require some patients.

Posted Mon 20 Aug 12 @ 10:29 am
I prefer deun - deun's "ramp delay", it's just one slider to operate. Just make sure you don't change the size of the echo when it's echoing out as it stretches to the new size.

Posted Mon 20 Aug 12 @ 10:51 am

I agree I've played around with both and ramp delay seems more user friendly and its easier to create a bigger sound on the echo out.

Posted Tue 21 Aug 12 @ 8:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)