Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MacBook no longer recognises Vestax Typhoon

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. This is not strictly a problem related to Virtual DJ as my Mac no longer recognises the Typhoon, ie it doesn't show up in Audio Midi Devices, but thought someone might be able to help.

I had successfully been running my Vestax Typhoon with a Mac Mini and more recently a MacBook Pro and using Virtual DJ LE for around six months. I got a new midi keyboard controller so I switched the Typhoon from the Mac's USB port to a powered USB hub, when I did this I got a message saying the the USB device had been disabled as it had attempted to draw too much power. I plugged the Typhoon back directly into the USB port on the Mac but the MAC no longer recognises it as an audio device. The red light in the middle of the Typhoon lights as normal and the plates glow blue but none of the other lights on the device come on (as they used to).

I have tried both USB ports on the Mac, a different USB cable and I've tried powering the Typhoon with an external power supply but nothing seems to work. I've also tried it with my old Mac and same problem.

I've pretty much run out of ideas now can anyone help? Thanks.

Posted Tue 24 Jul 12 @ 10:03 am
DjrnbcLE userMember since 2016
try reloading again the software then hopefully it will work

Posted Sat 23 Mar 13 @ 4:17 am
djronv1PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I'm having exactly the same problem.

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 11:52 am
Well, how to resolve it ? Any ideas ?

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 9:01 pm
Well, how to resolve it ? Any ideas ?

--------------------------------------------------
coque galaxy s6

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 10:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)