Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vestax VCI-400 Freezes VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dj808PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm having problems with my Vestax VCI-400, where sometimes I would only have it running for a few seconds then VDJ freezes up. This happens usually when I'm doing something with the controller eg. cueing with the platter, adjusting the volume, using the cross fader. So it's during a MIDI data sent activity that caused VirtualDJ to completely freeze up. The song that I started to play continues to play but I lose all control over the SW.

When I try to shut down the program I would get the pop up display stating "VirtualDJ is not responding.. Close the Program or Wait for the program to respond". When I choose the "Close the program" it closes but I notice in the task manager the process is still running and I cannot end it.
It takes a complete Laptop reboot to get it cleared up.

I tried using Serato Intro and it works fine. I can mix, scratch, adjust the EQ and volume. No problem! But I don't want to use Intro : (

I've upgraded the VCI-400firmware, uninstalled and reinstalled VDJ and the VCI-400 drivers. No Difference.
FYI, I also tried it on my back up system and it does the something. This system is running Windows Vista whereas my Laptop is running Win 7.

Any help thanks in advance
Eric

Posted Sun 15 Jul 12 @ 9:06 pm

Posted Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 2:43 am
Same problem I've been having since I've upgraded the firmware, my vdj pro freezes about 20 mins into using it, even the LE version freezes too. I don't see any info on vestax site on how to downgrade the firmware..This really sucks

Posted Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 8:06 am
dj808PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I reverted back to the previous firmware and now it works a lot better, no more freezes. A small sacrifice of not having the use of the CD inputs. Luckily I kept the previous .bin file.

Thanks!!

Posted Tue 17 Jul 12 @ 1:54 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The previous bin file is included in the driver download zip :)

Posted Tue 17 Jul 12 @ 4:21 pm
Hey Guys.
I updated the firmware for the stand alone mixer and my pc freezing up too.
i put the 1.52 version back on but it is still doing it??
Should i have both VDJ Vestax 400 le & the VDJ pro progams on my pc together??
Should i have only 1 of the Vdj programs on my pc?
Do i have to uninstall everything?? And what about the 2.0 firmware is that still on my VCI??
If so how do i get it off??.
Sorry im a bit niave..
Please help?? Thank you:) Brento

Posted Sat 18 Aug 12 @ 10:03 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is it even possible to uninstall firmware?

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 12:41 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You can revert to older versions.

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 7:53 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Anyone knows if this is fixed in VDJ 7.1?

Posted Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 2:20 am
It's a firmware issue and can only be fixed by the manufacturer (It doesn't affect all users.)

Posted Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 6:16 am
drtaxLE userMember since 2012
Do any of you guys know where I can find the old .bin file to downgrade the firmware? I looked everywhere and I can't find a download. I'm having the same freezing problems as described in this thread.

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 1:09 pm
drtaxLE userMember since 2012

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 2:15 pm
AndslControlleristMember since 2012
what was the solution for this as the vestal site is no more?

Posted Sat 25 Jun 16 @ 11:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)