Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: USB 3.0 - DJiO - Other options? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

wbltblPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Replaced 2 notebooks with new ASUS Win 7-64 Bit -16 GB Ram -SSD & 4 USB 3.0 ports only. As you can imagine they do not work, a week of searching the internet has led to this post. Is there a USB 3.0 external sound card out there or should I drop to firewire? Numark says "it won't work". I have thought of a powered USB hub that has 2 USB 2.o ports but will probably get blue screened on that too. ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE NEEDED. Got 2 weeks till my next gig. Thanks in advance for the help.

Posted Thu 05 Jul 12 @ 5:56 pm
I have an Asus with your same specs you mentioned expect that I only have 1 USB 3.0 and 3 USB 2.0 ports. USB 3 is backwards compatible with older USB versions, I plug in USB 2 peripherals into it my Blue USB 3 port all the time without any problem. Right now as a matter of fact I have a Microsoft 2.0 USB laser mouse plugged into it and it works great.

Are you sure you installed the correct numark driver to your system? Have you tried plugin in other USB2 devices like a mouse or keyboard?

Check your device manager and make sure you don't have any hardware conflicts or missing drivers, if everything seems fine call Asus because it seems you have some driver issues, I know for a fact that USB 3 port will accept your older 2 peripherals. I just plugged in more USB 2 stuff into my my blue USB 3 port and it worked. Logitech usb 2.0 keyboard WORKED, Epson Printer USB 2.0 WORKED, Microsoft laser mouse UBS 2.0 WORKED and Native Instruments Auio 2 DJ sound card WORKED!

Posted Fri 06 Jul 12 @ 4:29 pm
I get everything to work but the DJ Io. It bluescreens when trying to install the latest driver for Win 7 and reboots as if nothing was installed. It's very odd, being a 20+ year PC tech I would think it would work with no problem, however a call to Numark support said it will not work with usb 3. no other answer just no. So I am debating about buying firewire external cards or just run off spid until something comes out that says works with USB3. I mean the little DJ Io's are ok but I am not convienced they are solid pieces of equipment. I do have the original disk that came with the boxes, I could try that I suppose but you would think the latest driver from Numark would be what you wanted.

Posted Sat 07 Jul 12 @ 12:11 am
Sounds to me as if Numark are just too lazy to fix the issue.

On the other hand, USB3 is still quite fresh out of the blocks.

You could go here and complain http://community.numark.com/numark

There are Numark staff there.

The lesson here perhaps is to buy an interface from a more professional company.

Posted Sat 07 Jul 12 @ 6:13 am
groovindj wrote :
The lesson here perhaps is to buy an interface from a more professional company.

Not sure what you're basing your comment on groovin', but I think it's uncalled for as only a few soundcards work with usb 3.0.

Posted Sat 07 Jul 12 @ 6:37 am
I guess that USB3 -compatible soundcards will not come very quick. There's just no need for. The amount of data a soundcard has to process can be handled with ease by by an USB1-card. I can only imagine that a controller will send so much data that USB3 is required, but not in a near future.

Posted Sat 07 Jul 12 @ 11:20 am
USB ports are supposed to be fully backward compatible with USB2 devices, however in my experience it's sketchy at best.

When I had the Acer Iconia I found that on USB3 the denon Asio drivers had no audio, however it works fine on the Toshiba Ultrabook.

Keith

Posted Sat 07 Jul 12 @ 12:56 pm
So it sounds to me like the computer manufacturer must ensure that the latest Intel USB3 Root Hub Driver works. WARNING!!! I TRIED UPDATING MY USB ROOT UB DRIVER FRON INTEL, MACHINE BLUE SCREENED ONCE AND Went to recovery mode...DO NOT TRY THIS!!!!

Can anyone give me a list of "good" USB Cards that will work or is the opinion that I should just go to firewire and wait. I know the DJ community is not on the bleeding edge of hardwar, you had albums, cds, mp3, computer not computer upgrade issues. So I don't forsee anyon putting out a USB 3 compatible card for a while. Yeas it should be backwards compatible but it isn't. I also agree that 99 buck plastic sound cards are entry level but they served me well. I may try to run one with power to it instead of trying to power from USB if that doesn't work....firewire (unless someone gives me a good USB alternative) here I come.

Posted Sat 07 Jul 12 @ 5:09 pm
Just my opinion: I've had great results with a FreWire-card (M-Audio FW410) But I think your laptop-manufacturer is the first to blame. Your laptop should recognize that you're using an USB2-device, but it looks like it doesn't.
See if you can borrough a USB-hub and put that between your IDJ and your laptop. If the hub can handle the step-down your controller might work.

Posted Sat 07 Jul 12 @ 6:56 pm
synthet1c wrote :
groovindj wrote :

Not sure what you're basing your comment on groovin'

I'm basing my comment on USB3 being backwards compatible with USB2 devices, so it's likely down to Numark's driver.

Also, some Numark products do work with USB3 (the NS6 for example) - this has been stated by Numark staff on their support forum.

Posted Sun 08 Jul 12 @ 6:18 am
It is definately the driver. I wonder if another ASIO would work with it? I can get it plugged in and it tells me what it is in device manager, it just bluse screens with that ASIO driver everytime

Posted Sun 08 Jul 12 @ 6:20 pm
Unfortunately not. ASIO-drivers are soundcard-specific.
Have you tried to use the WDM-drivers? Select the Numark in Soundcard instead of the ASIO-drivers.

Posted Sun 08 Jul 12 @ 7:17 pm
I'll try. Is there any external card out there that we know works with USB 3??

Posted Sun 08 Jul 12 @ 7:20 pm
Nope... will not work with 3.0.

****ASKING VIRTUAL DJ FOR HELP TO FIND A USB EXERTAL SOUNDCARD FOR US USERS!!!

Posted Mon 09 Jul 12 @ 3:49 am
MAGAGAR80 wrote :
Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ sound card WORKED!

Posted Mon 09 Jul 12 @ 4:04 am
Native Instruments Traktor Audio 2 does NOT WORK. Learned that 100 lesson today. BE ADVISED ALL EXTERNAL SOUND CARDS AND/ALL IN ONE CONTROLLER UNITS MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR AUDIO HARDWARE. I have an ASUS G75 with only 4 USB 3 ports...no firewire..no old usb2 ports. Heck USB 3 has been out since 2010. Anyway you one ticked off DJ that is going to have to DJ from the freaking onboard card. May as well just make a playlist and hit play.

Posted Tue 10 Jul 12 @ 5:18 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What USB3 host controller does your machine have out of interest?

Posted Tue 10 Jul 12 @ 6:56 pm
I have the DJIO and a HP envy 14 64BIT and the IO works through my USB 3 port with no problems at all, also the DEEJAY TRIM 4&6 works fine through it as well.

Dont know if I am lucky or you have bad drivers for your USB3.

Ian

Posted Thu 12 Jul 12 @ 4:12 am
It's to do with the chipset on the USB3 it seems.These can change between manufacturers.

All seems a bit hit and miss at present but the principle is that USB2 devices SHOULD WORK on USB3 connections.

Keith

Posted Thu 12 Jul 12 @ 6:18 am
ianmelville wrote :
the IO works through my USB 3 port with no problems at all

You should tell Numark....

Apparently they've been saying it won't work!

Posted Thu 12 Jul 12 @ 9:58 am
67%