Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: beatmatching and bpm match with sample problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi all, i have a wav sample 6/8 i load in f7 key. sample 7 and tic in beatmatch and loop and... but i play music and play sample, don't beatmatch and bpm match. don't sync with music. what's problem? thanks

Posted Wed 13 Jun 12 @ 6:57 am
You're not being clear....

Are you saying the sample is in a 6/8 time signature? If so, it won't match with typical 4/4 beats.

If that's not what you meant, then where is the sample from?

If you havn't taken it from a song that you've played on a VDJ deck, then it won't sync because it won't have been analysed for a beat grid (CBG). Samples that you bring in from sample download sites etc. don't get analysed by VDJ unless you load them into a deck first.

I know it's a bit odd, but that's the way it works - hopefully VDJ 8 will be better.

Posted Wed 13 Jun 12 @ 10:51 am
hi dear. my sample is 6/8. when load in dec, sync. and no problem. but when load in sample page, don't sync and don't beat match and bpm match. please help!

Posted Wed 13 Jun 12 @ 11:39 am
my sample is wav format! it's a ritm!

Posted Wed 13 Jun 12 @ 11:40 am
djkaveh73 wrote :
hi dear. my sample is 6/8. when load in dec, sync. and no problem. but when load in sample page, don\'t sync and don\'t beat match and bpm match. please help!

Try to do the method below by syncing the sample to the song which is playing. Open your sample page and just click the small round with the red circle and the drop down menu as shown below will pop-up and select to SYNC then another option on the right will append on the window to select the sync option like: by beat, half beat & quarter beat.

You can also try to adjust to looping to have better loops by clicking the arrow left and arrow right.

Posted Wed 13 Jun 12 @ 4:52 pm
Does this work with all time signatures though, or is it just designed to work with 4/4?

Posted Thu 14 Jun 12 @ 4:21 am
Yes it works on good on some other beats and you will heard some little off-beats on others but it is manageable, i think stretching a bit to work for all beats hoping on the release of VDJ8.

Posted Thu 14 Jun 12 @ 3:57 pm
hi all! don't work! i load a wav sample in sampler slot 1, and right click too it, and in sync, check beat, hafbeat or... but don't sync with deck! how to analyse in vdj? for example sakso "f2 key" is analysed with vdj and sync with other deck. thanks

Posted Sat 16 Jun 12 @ 4:58 am
Hi there, i m using virtual dj 7.0.5, and i want to match music to the sample.. sample must remain natura,l like as it is, but pitch of music must change without change in key, not of sample...... plz help me out.. thnx in advance.. :)

Posted Fri 01 Feb 13 @ 11:58 pm
hi kave salam \\\ moshket chie dadsh??

Posted Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 12:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)