Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound not splitting with Y cable

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

For some reason I cant get the sound to split, I have the Virtual DJ for home and I have the recommended Griffin splitter but the same sound is coming out of both the speakers and the earphones. I selected the splitter configuration in the config but no matter what the preview as well as sound from both turntables all come out equally through the earphones and the speakers. Can you please let me know if this is a configuration or is this because its the free version, and how to fix it? I need help, thanks.

Posted Fri 08 Jun 12 @ 10:57 am
Which splitter (exactly) have you got?

Because most stores will only stock stereo Y cables, for sending a stereo signal to two pairs of headphones.

What you need is a stereo-to-two-mono splitter, which divides the stereo signal in half and sends the left signal to one ouput and the right signal to the other. Most stores will not stock these, as they're DJ specific and not what 99% of consumers want.

Posted Fri 08 Jun 12 @ 1:56 pm
You can easily distinguish which one is the mono splitter by just having the color code on the cable see photos below:

Posted Sat 09 Jun 12 @ 4:32 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Sounds like you haven't selected the headphone in config set up.

Posted Sun 10 Jun 12 @ 3:21 pm
I'm using the Griffin Djay cable. It's supposed to be split internally. I used it on my IPad app and it splits there so it must be on the computer side. Does the free version split too? That's the one I have, I'm wondering if that's one of the "disabled features".

Posted Mon 11 Jun 12 @ 4:02 pm
Thanks guys, I worked it out though. It was in my HP computer audio setting, theres a "One sound" feature that comines both left and right sounds into both earphones so both ears hear the same thing. Once I disabled that everything worked fine.

Posted Tue 12 Jun 12 @ 7:27 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Glad your sorted anyway.

Posted Tue 12 Jun 12 @ 8:30 am
DelarodHome userMember since 2014
how exactly did u splve it again? i'm having the same problem with my hp laptop too.

Posted Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 8:13 pm
Read the posts above.

Posted Fri 28 Aug 15 @ 4:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)