Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Sources For Pictures Used To Make Skins Request

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

I recently purchased the skin creator software in an attempt to create a skin that combines the pioneer cdj-800 mixer and a pair of denon s-3700 cd tables. I see that the 2 have been used in existing skins already loaded on this site, so unless someone can create such a beast, i'm going to try and create one. I don't know how long this project is going to take but I'm going to give it my beast shot and hope for the best.

In any event, where can I find the icons/pictures for the pioneer cdj-800 mixer and the denon s-3700 cd tables used in the skins already on this site? If anyone has sources along with the related source code to make them work like the ones I've seen on this site, that would go along way to help a newbie at this to learn and eventually create my dream skin.

Thanks,

Arthur

Posted Fri 11 May 12 @ 1:23 pm
Both Pioneer and Denon have high-res images of their products on their sites. That would be your best source for graphics!

Posted Fri 11 May 12 @ 6:12 pm
download and unzip the two existing skins you can use graphic elements from those skins and just edit them in photoshop or whatever graphics software you use!

Posted Sun 20 May 12 @ 10:46 am
matteas_boi wrote :
download and unzip the two existing skins you can use graphic elements from those skins and just edit them in photoshop or whatever graphics software you use!

Please contact the original skin creator for permission before doing this.

For many skinners, it takes hours of hard to work to create some of the graphics used, not for someone to then come and rip them of without trying to create their own!!

Posted Sun 20 May 12 @ 4:34 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
Please contact the original skin creator for permission before doing this.

For many skinners, it takes hours of hard to work to create some of the graphics used, not for someone to then come and rip them of without trying to create their own!!

While I agree 100% with you, I must say that if we are talking about hardware gear (eg a Pioneer mixer) there's nothing that requires hours to create. The graphics of a "realistic" hardware look - alike skin are usually photos of the real hardware. In that case it's not a rip off to take a part of the graphics from inside an existing skin. It sure is a rip off when you copy/paste graphics from original creation skins (skins that don't look alike real hardware)

Oh, and by the way most (not all) of the hardware-alike skins I have seen have pure resolution graphics and that's why I still suggest to download high-res images of the gear from their official website.

Posted Mon 21 May 12 @ 12:45 am
Common courtesy would suggest to me to ask first.

Just saying!!

Posted Mon 21 May 12 @ 9:52 am
agreed! :) im pretty sure people wouldn't say no! and in any case if your making the skin for your own use then there's really no point in asking! unless your going to submit it to VDJ for people to download.

Posted Mon 21 May 12 @ 4:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)