Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio Versaport

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello

I have VDJ Pro and I am using the latest MacBook Pro with OSX Lion 10.7.3. I have just bought an American Audio Versaport, which I want to use to run VDJ with timecode Serato vinyl.

I'm having a problem; VDJ is not picking up a signal when I place the needle on to the vinyl. In the Configuration section the Input is set to timecodes and in the Timecode Configuration section it is set to Serato vinyl on absolute mode. The Output is set to external mixer and the Sound Card is set to 4 in/4 out card. In the drop down menu next to the Sound Card menu it is set to Versaport.

I have watched a video of how to set the Versaport up with VDJ and in the video the person selects an ASIO sound card in the Sound Card menu. That option isn't there for me. The person in the video is using Windows and I am on a Mac, so it might be different, but I think this is where the problem might be.

The Versaport driver is also installed on my Mac, so I'm not sure why it isn't an option in the Sound Card menu.

Could anybody help me out?

Thanks!

Posted Sun 06 May 12 @ 6:34 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008

Posted Wed 09 May 12 @ 9:03 am
Hello

My mistake. I have VDJ Home. I don't know why I wrote Pro. I downloaded VDJ Home from the Virtual DJ website so I assume it is the up to date version? I am aware that the configuration with the vinyl stops working every 10 minutes but I'm okay with that for now as I'm only going to be playing in my bedroom.

Can anybody help me out with my problem? I spent £70 on this sound card so I'd like to get it working.

Posted Sat 12 May 12 @ 10:26 am

Posted Sat 12 May 12 @ 1:15 pm
Hi support staff

Those are the settings I currently have. I have no signal though. No straight green line, no horizontal green line, no green circle. Nothing is coming through. I have tried adjusting the gain and various other parameters in VDJ but nothing is coming through.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again

Posted Sat 12 May 12 @ 6:47 pm
Looking at a picture of it, make sure that the phono switch is pushed in to select phono level input signal for turntables. Also, obviously make sure that the turntables are connected directly to the inputs of the Versaport.

Posted Mon 14 May 12 @ 5:52 am
Hi support staff

The phono button is pushed in and everything is connected properly. Still no signal though. Ive tried it with the settings on the mixer set to line and phono and nothing comes through.

Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot for the help =]

Posted Mon 14 May 12 @ 9:42 am
Your best option would be to go to http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html and use the live chat support option.

You can then allow support staff to connect to your computer directly to have a look at the problem.

Posted Mon 14 May 12 @ 10:39 am
I've just added a new iMAC (OSX Ver 10.8.2) running VDJ Pro 7, so I want to install the American Audio Versaport software to the new iMac, so that it is compatible with my current MacBook (OSX 10.5.8) running VDJ 6.0.8 with Versaport 1.0, ASiO (this has been a bulletproof combination for reliability).

Over the years, I apparently misplaced the installation software disk for the Versaport. Is there a driver that I can simply download to the iMac and use the current Versaport hardware...the ADJ website does not seem to have a common sense solution...thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Posted Sat 12 Jan 13 @ 11:09 am
I am using Virtual DJ Pro full and when I am playing a song it will sometimes pause for half a second and then start playing again. Does not do it every song and it is not the song because I have played the song over and it will not do it. What will cause it to do this, almost like a system freeze for half a second. I am using the Numark DJ/IO Soundcard in a 2.0 USB.
Thanks

Posted Sun 27 Sep 15 @ 5:10 pm
Not sure why you've posted in this thread, which is not related to your question - but still...

Have you optimised your computer for audio use? What are the specs of the computer? Does the problem appear when using any other audio software? Does the problem still occur when using the onboard audio, or another audio interface? Does it happen if you use another computer?

Posted Mon 28 Sep 15 @ 5:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)