Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Freeframe plugins - evening school for DJ's - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

How about live cam plugin with sliders for x and y position, rotation and scale? Jump on it:

Drop the PetePanSpinZoom.dll and PeteLiveFeed.dll into the FFRend, camera picture is upside down, but you can adjust it with PetePanSpinZoom.dll's controls. So pass down all 4 controls from PetePanSpinZoom.dll to your new metaplugin, whatever you'll call it. If you want a slider for constant rotation, pass down Rotation Freq slider, too. Enable it in VDJ and play around with sliders to make your camera rotate, change size or whatever. Here's mine: http://i50.tinypic.com/24c5r0p.jpg

Posted Tue 22 May 12 @ 3:08 pm
OK this is pretty badass! A little more time and Ill get the hang of it, lol!!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and info once again!!
Huey

Posted Tue 22 May 12 @ 8:30 pm
Oh,oh..here we go...duh whats a Freeframe? ;-p

Posted Wed 23 May 12 @ 9:00 pm
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Version update: FFRend 2.2.06

Posted Thu 24 May 12 @ 11:33 am

Posted Thu 24 May 12 @ 2:44 pm
Thanks, DJBAV... my bad, once more. But there are a few not good ones, you can find the patches on FFRend's page for them. Just found a freeware SMS server software, it's a Frontline SMS manager. It's saving messages to database and XML, haven't found out yet how to save them to pure txt file with it. Bummer. Also, there's a way to refresh messages if you're using SMS Enabler. Just make two of the same kind text scroller plugins and when you want to refresh messages, disable the first and enable the second one, it will display new messages. And repeat when you want to refresh them again. Nothing fancy, but works. I'm on a way to seaside, no more time for this. Regards, everyone...

Posted Sun 27 May 12 @ 5:33 am
Good work-a-round for the refresh problem. :)

The free one I found is Crowny SMS Gateway. They told me that saving to a text file will be available soon.

Have you found a way to make the black area transparent in the camera plugin?
B.

Posted Sun 27 May 12 @ 9:34 am
Good point, I haven't noticed it at all. There's a 'Background' control in TextGenAA.dll... I'll try to find a way to import only a control into the FFRend...

Posted Sun 27 May 12 @ 11:35 am
Sory, I don't have the time to get some new things, I thought someone will take over this thread and get something more...

Posted Wed 06 Jun 12 @ 5:18 pm
weirdjay wrote :
Sory, I don't have the time to get some new things, I thought someone will take over this thread and get something more...
:)
There doesn't seem to be a way to make the black background transparent in the camera plugin.

Have you tried transitions yet using FFrend?

Posted Mon 11 Jun 12 @ 7:49 am
Yes, I tried to remove the background, but no results. Bummer... Could you explain a little more about making the transitions with FFrend? I'm not yet hooked on VDJ, my shows really depend on liquid transitions...

Posted Sat 14 Jul 12 @ 4:34 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
FreeFrame libraries can only be installed as effects, they don't function as transitions in VDJ.

Posted Sun 15 Jul 12 @ 9:04 am
Yes, that's why I gave up on freeframes, ... I've seen DJ Decks's effects, easily edited with any word processor... that's the way to go. Hope VDJ will follow...

Posted Mon 17 Sep 12 @ 3:28 pm

Posted Sun 07 Oct 12 @ 12:42 pm
Been beta testing it for the last couple months :)

I also have another one I'm testing that now has many features of the $$$ ones. (Bad word filter, black list, etc.)
There is a free version, but to buy is really cheap.

Posted Sun 07 Oct 12 @ 1:30 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I take it you missed the FREE sms offer from Firetext guys....

Free SMS for all Pro users of VDJ! We’re even throwing in the ability for Twitter and emails absolutely FREE!

These new additions will run seamlessly through your Firetext/VDJ plugin, if you haven't all ready got the plugin just go here… http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/10481/FireText_VirtualDJ_Plugin.html

Once you have the new plugin installed you will have all these features to run through VDJ…

* 1,000 unique users
* Sms to screen
* Tweets to screen
* Emails to screen
* Choice of horizontal or vertical text scroller
* Image slide show (show your company logo or run adverts for venue)
* Multiple Image slide show (Adrotator) with timed pause and play functions
* Camera or External source tab, Picture in Picture facility, great if you want to show a sports event on screen whilst still having the ability to run music videos and other effects on screen at the same time.
* Movie tab, run your own custom made video logo’s and on screen adverts/promotions or party wishes with this
* All of the above can be made to any size and placed anywhere on screen
* Template save tab, once you have set your logo’s/advert and anything else up on screen use this tab for future reference for your next shows
* Alpha blend of text and images (transparency)
* Control location maintain aspect
* Chromakey advanced filter
* Free of any on screen advertising
* No time limit to its use

Extras

* Text to screen sourced from Firetext Administrator
* Random and paused image rotation from Firetext Administrator
* AVI/MPG/SWF movies sourced from Firetext Administrator
* Twitter client for screen name replies shown as normal messages

Posted Sun 07 Oct 12 @ 1:59 pm
Hey Paul,

Actually I've had 2 licenses for what is now called the "Starter package" since 2009. Back then I was using it w/PCDJ VJ.
I just get bored and like to play. :)

Thanks,
B.

Posted Sun 07 Oct 12 @ 2:22 pm
djBAV, just installed Crowny v.2, but can't start it. Always nagging about some 'Java Runtime Environment not found'. Can you help about it? Thanks, Ivan

Never mind, just found I had to install newer Java stuff...

Posted Sun 07 Oct 12 @ 3:32 pm
How about an simple FreeFrame countdown timer? ;-) Let's do it...

Create a countdown.txt file and type in this: http://i49.tinypic.com/2rzzbb9.jpg

Save it in Documents/TextGen folder. Open FFrend, import TextGenAA.dll and do some changes like in this picture: http://i47.tinypic.com/kci8w4.jpg

Add as much parameters as you like, as long there are 7 of them, so you can see them in VDJ effects area. Export as an metaplugin and call it whatever you like. Save it in VDJ video effects folder. Start VDJ, enable it and enjoy!

http://i49.tinypic.com/34pb8jn.jpg

Posted Tue 04 Dec 12 @ 9:56 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
tayla wrote :
I take it you missed the FREE sms offer from Firetext guys....

Free SMS for all Pro users of VDJ! We’re even throwing in the ability for Twitter and emails absolutely FREE!

These new additions will run seamlessly through your Firetext/VDJ plugin, if you haven't all ready got the plugin just go here… http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/10481/FireText_VirtualDJ_Plugin.html

Once you have the new plugin installed you will have all these features to run through VDJ…

* 1,000 unique users
* Sms to screen
* Tweets to screen
* Emails to screen
* Choice of horizontal or vertical text scroller
* Image slide show (show your company logo or run adverts for venue)
* Multiple Image slide show (Adrotator) with timed pause and play functions
* Camera or External source tab, Picture in Picture facility, great if you want to show a sports event on screen whilst still having the ability to run music videos and other effects on screen at the same time.
* Movie tab, run your own custom made video logo’s and on screen adverts/promotions or party wishes with this
* All of the above can be made to any size and placed anywhere on screen
* Template save tab, once you have set your logo’s/advert and anything else up on screen use this tab for future reference for your next shows
* Alpha blend of text and images (transparency)
* Control location maintain aspect
* Chromakey advanced filter
* Free of any on screen advertising
* No time limit to its use

Extras

* Text to screen sourced from Firetext Administrator
* Random and paused image rotation from Firetext Administrator
* AVI/MPG/SWF movies sourced from Firetext Administrator
* Twitter client for screen name replies shown as normal messages

Well hi Tayla, it is hard to get you...
Please read youre pm..

No "FREE sms offer from Firetext" for me so far, running my second <<demo>>