Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Compatibility with Kore 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello out there! I'm wondering if anyone has any experience using NI's Kore 2 effects in VDJ7? I'm going crazy trying to figure out a new rig and it's seeming like nobody has tried running Kore hosted by VDJ. I have an NS6, Kore controller and a Maschine. I could do without maschine if I can get the Kore to run in VDJ. Any info would be greatly appreciated before I drop the coin on VDJ7Pro.

Posted Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 3:08 pm
just activate the trial and install the kore .dll in [documents --> virtual dj --> plugins --> sound effects]... to see if it works, but I suspect if it does it would be clumsy to use as you would probably need to have the plugin window open to use the different parameters and select different effects, although I have never used it so not sure.

what effects are you specifically looking for, maybe we can suggest other alternatives...

Posted Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 3:20 pm
There's actually a PLETHORA of FX I'd like to use via Kore. I have the Komplete 7 library, but I'm really not a fan of Traktor. I have the NS6 and Itch has HORRIBLE FX and no VST support. Having the Kore window open wouldn't bother me in the LEAST. I'd actually prefer to be in direct control of the effect while maintaining a constant view of the parameters I'm changing. I'll give it a shot! Thanks for the response! I'll let you know how it works out...

Posted Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 3:33 pm
just bare in mind that a lot of vsti's dont work eg. turnado sort of does (sound does gui doesn't refresh), glitch, effectrix & lexicon psp42 don't... I tried to get a demo from native instruments but they don't even have it on their website anymore, or it was just too difficult for me to find..

Posted Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 3:46 pm
Kore is a full VST and Virtual instrument software suite, they don't have demos for it at all. My Komplete package from them is, I believe, 100GB of audio samples/virtual instruments and FX. Demos are kind of moot at that point lol. It seems there just isn't ANY DJ software out there that TRULY hosts any 3rd party VST plugins with any semblance of stability. Pretty frustrating!

Posted Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 3:58 pm
torq is probably your best bet, but djdecks is pretty good too (glitch and effectrix to work) and adion is in charge of vdj8... download the djdecks trial and see if it works in there, if so then it shouldn't be a problem in vdj8...

http://djdecks.be/index.php?module=main

EDIT -----

also no vst instruments work in any dj software, only effects... If you want instruments you can rewire one of the decks into a DAW. VDJ8 will also give you the ability to ignore controllers so you can easily set up a keyboard or pad controller with a DAW.

Posted Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 4:09 pm
Having to fix both of my Computers right now...I cant confim for sure but as when we rewire sar "Reason" to VDJ..you can not transmit midi "continius control data" (Yet..) through Virtual Dj on to the "slave" synth,so that's a hasstle right now,correct me if I'm wrong..Lol..

Posted Tue 10 Apr 12 @ 6:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)