Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: asio crashes vdj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jlusePRO InfinityMember since 2012
I use vestax typhoon controller with the asio4typhoon driver and the latest vdj. There seems to be a problem with the two programs because it keeps crashing when i use the driver. I've un-installed it and re installed it many times and there is no solution that I have found. Is there a fix or will there be a conflict till and update? If it keeps crashing like this there is no use to have a typhoon with vdj

What do I need to do to make these work?

Posted Fri 30 Mar 12 @ 6:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Please try and use the asio4all driver instead of the one provided from Vestax.

www.asio4all.com

Posted Fri 30 Mar 12 @ 9:44 pm
But ASIO4ALL is not an ASIO driver!

If his device has a genuine ASIO sound card, then he should use the driver provided by Vestax.

I wonder, is the computer a Sony VAIO? Vestax have had issues before with their products operating on VAIOs.

Also, have you tried using the Typhoon with other software? e.g. if it works with Serato DJ Intro then the issue is with VDJ...

Posted Sat 31 Mar 12 @ 4:51 am
jlusePRO InfinityMember since 2012
I used the asio4all and it seems to work I haven't had any problems like I have before with the asio4typhoon. It's not a vaio it's an acer. I've only used the typhoon with traktor but it defeats the purpose if I've spent 300$ on using vdj to use another program.

Posted Sat 31 Mar 12 @ 10:18 am
I'm not saying use another program, I'm saying try it - to see if it works, and to narrow down the problem!

Posted Sat 31 Mar 12 @ 12:36 pm

Posted Sat 31 Mar 12 @ 12:51 pm
I'm having a problem with a acer laptop and n4 numark and latest vdj le. I can't monitor using headphones. Serato itch works fine. When I select asio4all vdj crashes.

Posted Sat 31 Mar 12 @ 5:31 pm
outlaw4life wrote :
When I select asio4all vdj crashes

Then don't select ASIO4ALL!

You don't need drivers with the N4 anyway - it's class compliant.

All you're doing is introducing another layer to go wrong - ASIO4ALL drivers are NOT ASIO drivers. They do not give your sound card super powers. They do not turn a normal sound card into an ASIO one.

It's actually quite irresponsible of Numark to put an ASIO4ALL link on their product page.

It's bad enough that the drivers use the name to fool people. It only makes matters worse when hardware manufacturers join in!

Posted Sun 01 Apr 12 @ 4:45 am
I am using Virtual DJ LE with Hercules Rmx console on windows 7. During performances while selecting tracks on decks, my virtual dj keeps crashing. I know to shut down the wireless internet and other programs, but it keeps crashing. If anyone can help me please do!

Posted Sun 03 Jun 12 @ 11:29 pm
Ok so if I'm not suppose to use the asio4all driver, then what do I set up the settings at for the Numark N4. I am running into the same issues. i cannot cue my songs in my headphones on my N4. It just plays through the speakers and headphones, but only if the volume fader is up. I cannot just push cue button on the channel and control the headphone volume and which track by the designated headphone knobs. I really need this to work. I had the numark mixdeck and it worked fine on vdj. Why am I having so many problems with N4?????? Is the N4 just a waste of money???? Not happy with Numark at all at this point.

Posted Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 2:30 am
Please try to avoid digging up two year old threads to ask your question.

You need to give as much information as possible in order for someone to help.

What version of VDJ (exactly - the name and number) are you using? What are your audio config settings? Where are your speakers and headphones plugged in?

Posted Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 3:14 am
carzielPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hi there colleagues. I'm having a crash issue with my system. My set up includes 2 CDJ-400 with external mixer (DJM-400) using an ASIO, ASIO4ALL or CDj400 ASIO driver and my comp. is an ASUS ROG with WINDOWS 8.1OS. Sporadically while I'm playing, it crashes one or both of my drivers. I was doing some research to find any incompatibility between WINDOWS 8.1 OS and ASIO or CDJ-400 driver but nothing found. Really need help here. Thanks in advance.

Posted Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 10:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
what exactly do you mean by "crash" ?
We dont see any crash report uploaded from your computer, so either you were offline while this happened or maybe a Windows crash (Applications stopped working msg) or even a blue screen ??

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 3:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)