Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon MC6000 Distorted Microphone

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a MC-6000 and using it for small weddings. I have one major issue with it. When using my EV wireless mic on mic level input to main mic and virtual dj pro 7 software on a Mac computer I am having serious distortion issues with the microphone. Sent it in for service twice and even had the unit replaced. Denon says it is my settings and I have heard other people having this issue. Anyone else seen this issue with the microphone distortion when performing and speaking over music? Does anyone have a fix? This unit was marketed as a professional piece and one that could handle big events, but sounds amateur when doing a wedding with microphone distortion. Any help would be great Thanks

Posted Fri 02 Mar 12 @ 8:52 am
The output of your wireless RX box is too hot. Either turn it down or use attenuation between it and the MC6000.

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 1:10 pm
SAME PROBLEM EVEN WITH SHURE LEAD MIC ,SHURE PG 58 UHF RADIO JUST SERVICED BECAUSE I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE FAULT ! ,KAM TWIN SET ALL HAVE THE SAME ISSUE .MAJOR BREAK UP WHEN TALKING OVER MUSIC ....DISASTER.

Posted Sun 09 Feb 14 @ 5:25 am
If you're using a wireless mic, try plugging the receiver box into a line input. The output of the receiver is too high for the mic input.

Alternatively (as mentioned) just turn down the output of the receiver if it has a volume adjustment.

Posted Sun 09 Feb 14 @ 7:44 am
Plain and simple it's junk sorry no fix garbage I went back to another brand

Posted Mon 13 Jul 15 @ 10:00 pm
Although the mic inputs are a bit hot it's certainly not garbage. As Groovin says you can get an attenuator for next to nothing and problem solved.

Posted Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 2:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)