Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin with real (!) bassfader..?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kergajPRO (legacy)Member since 2012
Hello,

I am using Virtual DJ Basic Pro and downloaded the current Mixlab-Skin in order to have the 3 separated high-, middle- and low-crossfaders. However, if I load 2 songs on deck A and B, drag my "master" crossfader to one of the songs and then try to use the bassfader to have a nice crossing it kills my bass, but doesn't fade it!?
What I would like to do is to crossfade the bass first (e.g. at an overlapping cue-point) and then "add" the rest, but it doesn't work... What am I doing wrong? :-?

Please help me!

Kind regards

Posted Mon 27 Feb 12 @ 9:01 am
unfortunately vdj script can perform complex mappings like that on virtual knobs and slider easily... if you upgrade to the full pro you could map your crossfader to do exactly as you wish...

or you could maybe remap rhe skin so the high and mid crossfaders work together

unzip the skin, open the xml, search for "eq_crossfader_mid" and replace with

"eq_crossfader_high & eq_crossfader_mid"

Posted Mon 27 Feb 12 @ 9:24 am
Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately there is no such command within the xml-file. :/ Is there maybe another phrase I have to replace?

Posted Mon 27 Feb 12 @ 1:26 pm
I guess "deck 1 eq_mid" and "deck 2 eq_mid"...

that way you are turning the eq knobs into frequency crossfaders... but maybe I misunderstood you

Posted Mon 27 Feb 12 @ 4:38 pm
Yes that's exactly what I mean! Thank you!!

But still no such phrases... :(

Posted Tue 28 Feb 12 @ 11:03 am
weird, I cant find it... but on that skin there is 3 frequency crossfaders built into the skin just above the mixer.

Posted Tue 28 Feb 12 @ 1:07 pm
Yes I know. The problem is I want to have those 3 independent of where my "real" crossfader is... Means even if my crossfader is on the complete right I still want to have the possibility to fade the bass (and then add the rest by moving the "real" crossfader). Do you know what I mean?

Posted Wed 29 Feb 12 @ 7:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)