Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Traktor Kontrol S2/VDJ - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or post in the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums

Please also don't hijack topics - This topic is about the Traktor Kontrol S2 not Numark MixTrack.

Posted Thu 26 Jul 12 @ 3:43 am
joshbzHome userMember since 2012
So, have anyone actually paid for this VDJ and test it on the Traktor S2? I will buy VDJ once i get 100% confirmation that it works on the Traktor S2. Living in South Africa, so, $300 is a lot of money to throw away.

Please, can anyone confirm?

Thanks guys!

Posted Wed 15 Aug 12 @ 9:21 am
technzPRO InfinityMember since 2011
i have the S2 and have fully mapped it to work, the mapper is available for download for pro users.
unfortunately between work and my other things i am unable to provide support for the mappers myself, however i can assure you that i have them fully working with the latest version of Virtual DJ Pro.

Posted Fri 19 Oct 12 @ 3:25 am
Hey Native Instruments recently did an update and it seems to have ****ed with the HID mapper. Any idea if this is just my ignorance or I somehow ****ed it up or are the new s2 drivers ****ing with the mappers

[Moderated: Please do not use bad language in your forum posts. Please read the forum rules.]

Posted Sun 23 Dec 12 @ 8:18 pm
i have just updated it to use the PID of ther latest firmware version for thge S2, version i am running is firmware version 25.

Posted Mon 24 Dec 12 @ 2:47 am
JPinAtlPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Greetings. I have a Traktor S2, booting up, and then set into Midi mode.

I have Virtual DJ 7 Pro(Yep, fully registered and all the goodies that go with it.)

I've downloaded the Both Traktor 2 files, executed them. I fire it all up, and while I get all
the right lights on the Traktor deck, it's not controlling anything in VDJ. No play, no pause or anything.

Can someone provide step by step instructions on exactly what the startup sequence should be for
us noobz who have never done this before?

My Hercules RMX works fine.

Please assist!

Thank you,

JP in Atl.

Posted Thu 07 Feb 13 @ 5:53 pm
please make sure that you have the HID mapper installed as well as the MIDI mapper.
also make sure that your S2 has been updated t the latest firmware using the update tool found here

Updates Page
if the updater updates you to a version newer than 25, please post in this thread or PM me and i will update it to work.

the HID mapper should work out of the box with both mac and windows with the latest version of the mapper.

if you continue to have problems flick me an email at dj@technz.info and we can see if we can arrange some form of remote support.

Posted Thu 07 Feb 13 @ 6:22 pm
I got most of it working and will map it on my one day off this month... I was blown away by the issues as they seem to have been made so that I can use it out side of there program.. I dont get that kind of thinking... or am I willing to let it go... If it doesnt go well it goes back to the store.

Posted Fri 19 Apr 13 @ 11:37 pm
tycoonentertainmentcanada wrote :
I got most of it working and will map it on my one day off this month...

im not quite sure you posted this in the correct thread, i already have the Kontrol S2 mapped fully, the mapper is available in the controllers section of the downloads area.

Posted Sat 20 Apr 13 @ 7:26 am
zhilionHome userMember since 2013
ayuda tengo un control.ador traktor s2 nesecito mapping para virtual

Posted Wed 09 Oct 13 @ 5:52 pm
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums to post in your own language.

Also, mappers are only available to registered licensed users who have purchased the full VirtualDJ Professional. If you like VirtualDJ, then please support the software and its future development by purchasing it (Especially if you are working DJ and you are making money as a result of using it at your gigs.)

Posted Thu 10 Oct 13 @ 9:06 am
martyokPRO InfinityMember since 2006
ciiao qualcuno mi puo' aiutare , ho bisogno di un mapper per la traktor s2 , con virtualdj su pc, ho provato a scaricare i 2 file su questo sito ma, il virtual non vede per nulla il controler

Posted Sat 16 Nov 13 @ 4:15 pm
martyokPRO InfinityMember since 2006
hello , someone I can 'help, I need a mapper for traktor s2, with VirtualDJ on PC, I tried to download 2 files on this site, but the virtual does not see anything controler

Posted Sat 16 Nov 13 @ 4:18 pm
According to a post I just found on the NI forum, you need to put the S2 into MIDI mode using Traktor (in preferences).

Posted Sat 16 Nov 13 @ 5:25 pm
Sorry to Necro this, but the most common thing that i have found to go wrong with the S2 mapper is NI changing the PID between firmware versions, this is why the S2 does not show up at all (or the S2 drivers arent installed), download the HID Trace utility from the controller mapping wiki pages, and check the PID of your controller against the PID in the definition.

if its different change the PID in the definition to match the PID of your S2.
this should fix the S2 not showing up in VDJ.

Posted Sat 30 Nov 13 @ 12:47 am
K-14-nlHome userMember since 2014
im having the same problem here , :(

Posted Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 11:39 am
will traktor a2 work with vdj and win 8.1

Posted Mon 15 Dec 14 @ 6:14 am
does numark io work with vdj and win 8.1

Posted Mon 15 Dec 14 @ 6:33 am
Hey I need help, i have a traktor kontrol s2 and i also have vdj pro infinity but my traktor is not responding to vdj. My button & Controller is lighting up but im only able to turn down the main volume on my traktor kontrol s2 and thats it. its not interacting with vdj, do you have any options or advice that you can help me with? i had try to switch to vdj 7 and downloaded the other traktor kontrol s2 HID & MIDI mapper that is posted on vdj 7 but that still didnt work either.

Posted Sun 13 Nov 16 @ 10:06 pm

Posted Sun 13 Nov 16 @ 11:57 pm
95%