Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: trouble with skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i'm having a little trouble with a skin can anyone help me out?

i'm using ther TCmaniaMic skin and theres a problem with the mic deck on that.
when the crossfader is in the deck 1 position you can talk and it will fade the music and broadcast my voice but in the deck 2 position the music will fade but the mic does not broadcast at all. i know its not my computer or my mic becauuse this is the only skin i have trouble with
PLEASE HELP 1DJQueen

Posted Mon 06 Feb 12 @ 9:32 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Do you use an external analogue mixer, a midi controller or just mouse and keyboard ? What is your sound setup (config)?

If you assign a keyboard shortcut as ..
deck 3 cross_assign "thru"
and press it once, does this help ?

Posted Mon 06 Feb 12 @ 12:49 pm
hi djdad,
i only use my mouse and the on screen mixer
i have tried the (deck 3 cross_assign "thru") after sending a ticket and talking to someone live.
the (deck 3 cross_assign "thru") did not make any difference, i sliid the crossfader to deck 2 and used the key on the keyboard still heard nothing broadcast from that side.
i'm pretty sure this ain't my computer because the TCmaniaMic is the only skiin i am having difficulty with and i really like this skiin the best
HELP........... lol
thank you
1DJQueen

Posted Mon 06 Feb 12 @ 2:19 pm
guess i'm gonna have to try making my own if i can get the skin creator.
i tryed everything and still can't get the mic working on deck 2

Posted Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 2:33 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I checked the way it works once more.

By default deck 1 and 3 are assigned as leftcross, and deck 2 and 4 as rightrcross. That means that on startup deck 3of TCmania (mic deck) can be heard only when crossfader is on the left side.
But if you press once the button that you have assigned as deck 3 cross_assign "thru" then deck 3 (mic) is becoming leftcross and rightcross at the same time, and can be heard regardless on crossfader position.
In case you dont need to have such a button and press that each time you start the software, you can add an init line in the skin. Open the xml file with a Text Editor and add this line, just before the </skin> line.
It will then look like this ...

<init action="deck 3 cross_assign 'thru'"/>

</skin>

Copy paste that line, in case you miss a character.

Posted Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 2:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)