Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Downloading effects on a mac

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ctagg11PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I know this question has been asked a lot of times but I'm still having trouble getting effects to work on Virtual Dj.
I have registered version of VDJ pro, and i'm using a hercules 4-mx hooked up to my mac
I download an effect, unzip it, and copy the .bundle in /Users/USERNAME/Documents/VirtualDJ/Plugins/SoundEffect
When I go to vdj though none of the newly installed effects are there. What am i doing wrong?
Thanks

Posted Tue 31 Jan 12 @ 9:10 pm

Posted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 4:53 pm
Something I found somewhere else:

Support staff wrote :
Please ensure that the effect(s) that you download are Mac compatible. Those that are compatible will have a floppy disk download icon with an Apple logo.

To install an effect, simply copy the file EffectName.bundle to the following folder:

MacintoshHD -> Users -> YOUR USER NAME -> Documents -> VirtualDJ -> Plugins -> AudioEffect

Or in new installations of VirtualDJ v7.0.3 or above:

MacintoshHD -> Users -> YOUR USER NAME -> Library -> VirtualDJ -> Plugins -> AudioEffect

NOTE: If VirtualDJ is currently running, you will need to restart it for the new effect to show up in the list.

Posted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 4:55 pm
Hello everybody , i have downloaded virtual dj from virtualdj.com but when i try to download effects it says you cant download it cuz i dont have
any license , what should i do ?

Posted Mon 23 Dec 13 @ 11:43 am
You'll have to buy VDJ PRO FULL and then register it here and then you can download skins, effect, tool, etc,etc.

The version you downloaded is the HOME FREE VERSION, it's somewhat limited but mainly so you can get a feel for the software. Or if your only mixing at home then the HOME VERSION is fine.

Posted Mon 23 Dec 13 @ 12:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)