Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VDJ SKINS SAMPLER SELECTION HIGHLIGHTER

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, i need help to modify the VDJ skin to match to what i need, now i have found out the current 12-sampler slot does not have a highlighter sort of shades in the skins that when the sampler slot is selected thru buttons mapped in the controller it should highlights the slots where the selection button hover on the sampler slot so that when you move the buttons in your controller to the right or left on the sampler skin it should indicate its location. I'm just wondering if someone have done this before. Just see picture below on how i want it.

This picture shows when the sampler slot-4 is selected and the sampler is played.

And this picture shows when the buttons in the controller hover the sampler slots to the right where the location is highted. Again the sampler slot number-8 is ready to play by hitting the play sampler button on the controller.

Can someone show me some scripts? and some steps on how to do it? Thank you ver much.

Posted Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 6:47 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
This is currently not possible. The sampler default area can not be skinned, at least not in the xml file. You may change some graphics, but not the way it works.
The only solution is to create a sampler panel in your skin to show the selected bank.
I believe i have pointed you to one of my skin in another forum, where you can see the needed code for that.

Posted Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 7:48 pm
Yes, you are right but that is not what i want. The option you pointed it out to me on the other forums could be done on the 2-Decks default VDJ skins which has the banks slots. I was not able to discuss clearly from you that time because i can't capture my screens to show you how it look likes. Now this is the way i wanted too. Just a single button mapped as sampler select in the controller to navigate the 12-sampler slot then if you move your controller button to its new location left & right in the skin it should highlight the sampler slot when selection hover the slots meaning you are currently positioned in that slot.

I think this could be another factor to be taken care of in the next VDJ updates or release. Since you are on VDJ Teamers in behalf of me, can you brought this topic to the development as this could be very useful on the sampler part. Thank you so much.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 12:26 am
MeowMixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Ive been asking for this for a long time. And not just for the sampler but also for the effects section.

Its is very useful if you are using chain effects built into the deck area of a skin.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 8:37 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Ok, if you badly need the pic above, You can almost recreate your own sampler page, and display your own insted of the default. Current SDK allows you to completely hide the browser and display any panel you wish. If you look at my VirtualTouch skin you will see what i mean.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 8:46 am
Ok i'll try to look at it, maybe i could get some brilliant idea from your skin design and see if i can make my own sampler page panel. But the question is how much work i should put into it? Does it have more on scripting or on graphics parts? because i have look at the graphics parts of the default skins the sampler is not built graphically in the skin panels. So they may have done that in XML. Thank you so much.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 1:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)