Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Minimal Modifications

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello Dear friends :)

i have one question i was wondering is it possible to change the color of this little white line on the VDJ spinning vinyl ?
i ahve putted down a screenshot so you understand better :)

i want to change the collors of this acording to the deck colors of virtual dj (blue,red,green,orange)

in case the upper link dosent work
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc420/mismatch1990/Capture.png

Posted Fri 20 Jan 12 @ 7:14 am
wow thank you guys for reading this 34 times and not being able to give me an answer nice community :/

Posted Sat 21 Jan 12 @ 6:35 pm
patience is a virtue mate, you can do it yes, how ? I like the others don't know, wait for someome with skinning experience, It has only been 2 days, and you posted on friday... the busiest time in a dj's schedule is the weekend.

Posted Sat 21 Jan 12 @ 7:26 pm
wow only 2 days ?? man i gotta stop drinking when im playing on gigs..any way thanks mate for the reply:) i tried doing it myself but wont work i all ready know some basics of skin modification but not this grounde.

Posted Sat 21 Jan 12 @ 7:30 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Just a guess this as I have never tried it, besides recolouring the bmp the xml file may need to be changed as well, once again a guess.

One of the skinners will pop there heads in soon to help you out.

Out of curiosity which method have you already tried and what skin you trying to change.

Posted Sat 21 Jan 12 @ 7:41 pm
yeah i all ready changed the font that has to be done with the XML file.. yeah cant wait to change this well then as said in star wars

patience luke :D

Posted Sat 21 Jan 12 @ 7:43 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ok, to late in the night for me, my brain is dead.

Make a copy of the bmp file you want to change only if you want to keep the original.

Open up bmp file in something like paint.

Scroll down to the part you want to recolour and retouch up with the colour of your choice.

Close paint and save when prompted.

Done.

Enjoy recolouring and adding your own art work to just about any part of a skin, tutorials in my blog for that if you want to try it.

May get you on the road to making skins for other users, just remember to follow any forum rules as you go... enjoy.

(If you need any help just let me know)

Posted Sat 21 Jan 12 @ 7:58 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you need to change the color of the vinyl marker according to which deck its playing you need to do a lot of things that require some skills.

I will give you general instructions, but if you havent dealed with a skin before it will be hard for you.

Unzip the skin file (apparently you use the default 4 deck skin) to a folder.
Open the bmp fil of the resolution you use, using Paint , Photoshop, or similar editor.
You will notice a vinyl with a white marker. You need to color that white marker with blue, but you also have to copy -paste the entire vinyl (platter) to an empty area of the bmp file another 3 times and color the markers red, yellow, green as the decks.
In other words its graphics .first.
Save and close the bmp file.

Now there is some simple coding work. You need to open the xml file of the skin/resolution using Notepad or similar text editor and you need to locate these lines...

<visual type="rotation" source="deck 1 get rotation">
<size width="137" height="137"/>
<pos x="12" y="110"/>
<down x="572" y="2589"/>
<clipmask x="274" y="2589"/>
<mask x="423" y="2589"/>
</visual>

You will find 4 of those parts, one for each deck.

Leave the first (deck 1) unedited and edit the other 3, by changing the <down> line according to the new x,y coordinates of your graphics.

Eg. If the red vinyl is at x=1000 y=2340, then the new down line for deck 2 will be

<visual type="rotation" source="deck 2 get rotation">
<down x="1000" y="2340"/>
<clipmask x="274" y="2589"/>
<mask x="423" y="2589"/>
</visual>

Save,close the xml, rezip the skin and place it back to the skins folder.

Posted Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 2:51 am
thank you DJ dad i have some skills in skinning and the xml filer modification so i guess i can manage it :) it will take som work gonna read this a couple of time dough..and will post a reply if i had done it.. i i have failed..my PC will be probably going threw the window of my room :D

Posted Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 9:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)