Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: DDJ Ergo VDJ Skin Problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi There

After installing the supplied VDJ disc that came with the Pioneer DDJ Ergo V, everything works just as it should, however the Ergo skin on my laptop screen is stretched from side to side (the jogs are egg shaped & not round). My laptop resolution is set to 1366 x 768, i've tried different resolution settings without success. Im using a MSI A6200 with an Intel Core i5-460M & DDRIII 4GB.

Not a major issue i know but a perfect VDJ Ergo skin would be nice to work with, a solution to this would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eddie :-)

Posted Sun 08 Jan 12 @ 6:46 pm
What is the Res of the skin you are using, as it sounds like it is the wrong res for your screen. Also if you register your software on this site you can download other skins for free.

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 12:03 pm
Sounds like the skin is maximised. Click on the square in the top bar at the right hand side and it will revert to it's native resolution.

Keith

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 12:22 pm
@Keith

Thanks, i minimised the skin as you said & of course it does revert to it's original native resolution, however it only fills the centre of the screen with approx 3 inches gap either side of the skin which exposes my desktop icons.

@ianmelville

Thanks for the info about registration to release more skin options, but will all of them be compatible with the DDJ Ergo? Not sure what the resolution of the Ergo skin is, how do i find this out?

Cheers Eddie

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 2:47 pm
Hi Eddie,

I'm guessing but I think the default resolution for the Ergo skin may be 1024x768?

Even if you register your LE version, unfortunately custom skins can only be downloaded with a Pro licence. Registering your LE serial gives you a considerable discount on the price should you decide to become a Pro user.

Cheers

Keith

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 3:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The Pioneer DDJ Ergo skin has not a 1366x768 resolution included. Virtualdj will try to load the one that fits best to your screen, and that is 1024x768. This is why you get a stretched image.
You can try this...
Check the MyDocuments\Virtualdj\Skins folder. A zip file with Ergo name should be there. Open the zip file, delete the 1024x768 resolutions (2 files xml and bmp) and zip again.
Next time VirtualDJ will launch will not find the 1024x768 and will try to use 1280x800. A message will pop up that you re trying to use a skin with larger resolution that your screen...etc. Choose OK and you will probably get a less stretched image.

Tip1. Make sure VirtualDJ opens in maximized mode. (Before closing VirtualDJ for the last time, set the skin to max).
Tip2. If for some reason the skin is not working or the LE, re install.

Please register your LE version to your Profile page http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html
As a LE version registered user you DO have the ability to download any skins you wish, but you can only use them with the LE version during the 20days of Trial period.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/150599/VirtualDJ_Skins/How_to_Download_Skins__.html

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 4:02 pm
Thanks for your in depth advice djadad!

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 4:56 pm
giuddjPRO InfinityMember since 2011
e' possibile trovare una skin pioneer ddj ergo con risoluzione 1336x768? grazie in anticipo!!

Posted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 4:06 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
@ giuddj
non si scrive in Italiano in questo forum, qui devi chiedere in inglese e cmq la skin alla risoluzione che chiedi non c'รจ.

Posted Tue 22 May 12 @ 6:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)