Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: RAMP DELAY uploaded - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Creates elastic echo because each change of echo size is not applied at once, but progressively with a certain delay time, as if there is latency

Parameters :
- 7 buttons for echo size : 1/8 - 1/4 - 1/2 - 3/4 - 1/1 - 2/1 - 4/1
- 1st slider : mix Dry/wet with freeze FX at the max
- 2nd slider : feedback of echo from 0 to 100%
- 3nd slider : latency delay time in bmp : 32 - 16 - 8 - 4 - 2 - 1

It works even if the track is stopped

To create atmosphere like at the beginning of "James Zabiela abducted for a EFX-1000 demo" on youtube : active the FX, put the feedback at the max, stop the track. The echo doesn't decrease because of feedback level.
Change the size of echo, play with latency delay time... and again, and again

Posted Wed 04 Jan 12 @ 4:24 pm
nice one Deun Deun! will be waiting to check...

Posted Wed 04 Jan 12 @ 6:19 pm
Is this what it looks like? a real feedback loop ala efx1000...

nice work, cant wait to play with it... I get home tomorrow so I can test the beatslicer aswell, thanks for all your hard work :D:D

Posted Thu 05 Jan 12 @ 12:08 am
hey :D:D, since this isn't uploaded yet, could you please, please add an 8/1 loop size if possible, the gate echo is a perfect feedback loop baring a feedback slider and the 8/1 size, but it looks like this will do it.

Promise I'll never ask for anything else... well maybe never LOL

Posted Sat 07 Jan 12 @ 11:51 am
I will upload a FX dedicated to Feedback loop
The one I use in my demo on youtube (in French sorry)
[youtube]URpQkXbL83E&feature[/youtube]

Posted Sat 07 Jan 12 @ 1:32 pm
very nice :D:D

Posted Sat 07 Jan 12 @ 1:45 pm
label of Ramp Delay

Posted Sat 07 Jan 12 @ 4:53 pm
where's them "Aproved" guys?.....Aprove!...Aprove!!...he,he

Posted Sat 07 Jan 12 @ 10:02 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
available

Posted Sun 08 Jan 12 @ 9:36 am
this sounds fantastic in the ramp up, but cant quite figure out what the latency delay does, Is it for the amount of time the delay takes to ramp up to full?

Also I was playing around and with this and was able to create a stable loop that sounded great and was able to be mixed into another track, unfortunately I wasn't paying attention to what I did LOL, every time I try to recreate it I use a button to repeat the pattern, but 2/1 and 4/1 slow the delay, 1/1 and below seem to speed it up, that makes me think it's an issue with the latency delay, have you got any suggestions or good setings :D:D

Posted Sun 08 Jan 12 @ 10:18 am
The using is very simple :
- you choose a time delay, for instance 1/1 : you select it with button of FX.
- with the 3rd slider, you choose 16 beats. This parameters is taken into account only if you change the time delay

Active the FX. There is standard delay of 1/1.
When you will change the time delay with button, you define a new target size for the delay. And you will reach it within 16 beats.The move is not instantaneous but progressive.

If you move to :
- a longer time delay, you will create a deceleration FX.
- a shorter one, acceleration FX

Posted Tue 10 Jan 12 @ 4:11 pm
Hey deun - deun,

do you think it would be possible to release an effect like ramp delay but without the elasticity, so you can freely adjust the size of the delay but stil have the freeze effect... I have been playing with the elasticity again and still can't make a reliable pitched feedback loop like on the efx1000 this still sounds great for a transition though ;-)

Posted Wed 06 Jun 12 @ 9:09 am
what do you mean with freeze?

Posted Thu 07 Jun 12 @ 3:25 pm
with the kill send so you no longer send the live sound to the effect and it just echo's out depending on the feedback level, you called it "freeze" in the ramp delay plugin (it's slider 1)

Posted Thu 07 Jun 12 @ 4:03 pm
Ok I wonder if this FX is the spiral one of pioneer
Any idea?

Posted Fri 08 Jun 12 @ 1:45 pm
from memory it sounded like a noise generator, but i'll have a look on youtube and see what I can find...

On that note though, whether it is a noise generator not it would be incredibly cool to have an extreme pitch on an lfo but make it automated like a flanger so it moves within the frequencies you choose, it would only need a couple of sliders.

1. wet/dry
2. lfo length
3. depth (amount or lfo range in automation)

what do you think, is something like that possible?

As an afterthought it probably doesn't need to go down in pitch just up

this is the the spiral effect, they said its a tape delay. I think ramp delay's functions has the ability to do this, but you would need to unquantize the size and make the pitch of playback independantly adjustable.

Posted Fri 08 Jun 12 @ 1:54 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

I really like this plugin, but I've found an issue with it.

If I have 2 tracks manually synced, and I activate this effect on deck A the echo goes out of sync with the beat on deck B, I've tried a variety of settings including the beat delay settings and the result is the same, I'm not sure why this is happening? Can it be fixed?

Is the echo effect being triggered using the BPM and current song position only or does it depend on the beat grid and VDJ's auto sync?

Posted Wed 29 Aug 12 @ 8:37 pm
it depends on bpm and current position only.

Posted Wed 12 Sep 12 @ 3:50 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

I'm wondering how it can go so badly out of sync then :(.

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 10:37 am
I absolutely love this plugin, it's one of the few that I use on the regular BUT since I've switched to a Mac it is no longer available to me.

Is there any way you could make this available to the Mac side?? Please, I really miss this plugin.

Thanks
Huey

Posted Fri 22 Mar 13 @ 8:47 am
95%