Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BPM are off

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just finshed BPMing about 5000 songs, and the BPM's VDJ came up with for the 5000 songs are off, I mean way off!
Example it says the BPM of Nieva's Don't mess with my man is 75.9. Anyone who has played this song knows this is not the correct BPM. I don't want to go and manually correct the BPM of 5000 songs, your help is appreciated

Posted Wed 03 Sep 03 @ 1:58 pm
I just finshed looking at some of the other posts, and it seems like this is a problem that quite a few people are having

Posted Wed 03 Sep 03 @ 2:13 pm
I wish they would just READ other DJ program BPM's!

PCDJ, or BPM have more accurate bpm counts and store all of the info somewhere in the mp3 header (both in the same place).

If they would do this, then all of my existing tracks would be accurate

Posted Wed 03 Sep 03 @ 2:24 pm
It does not look like my question is going to addressed. I know I am not the only one having this problem. Come on guys

Posted Wed 03 Sep 03 @ 10:43 pm
I have the same issue with a good chunk of my tracks but not as many as you do.

Right now I am worried about stability. Get that down, then I will worry about bpm accuracy!

Posted Wed 03 Sep 03 @ 11:37 pm
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
This is not a small issue... much of the beatmaching and effects code is based on BPM count.

Posted Thu 04 Sep 03 @ 10:48 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have 8000 files on my computer and I agree the matching is often bad. Help us making it more accurate...

Posted Sat 06 Sep 03 @ 3:00 pm
hahahaaha ultraheroe ( In english Version) xD

Posted Sat 06 Sep 03 @ 8:31 pm
RKleinPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have over 60,000 files on my 500 gig hard drive and have found that if the song is over 110 bpm with a strong bass beat the bpm is very close. If the song is a Rock format or Ballad (Any format) the BPMs are double what they should be. In one of the older versions of VDJ you could adjust this. Has this feature been taken out in the 1.08 version? Is the BPM accuracy going to be better addressed in the next version?

Posted Sun 07 Mar 04 @ 3:00 am
That is interesting...."on my 500 gig hard drive". As far as I know there is no single 500GB hd available on the market. Especially if you are speaking of an IDE drive as the theoretical maximum capacity is quickly being approached at 380GB.

DJ Stevie Ray
http://www.netpcdoc.com

Posted Sun 07 Mar 04 @ 5:40 am
vDJ Calculated BPM as with most other software, is quite accurate for 'BPM friendly' beats. If your track is not BPM friendly, then the value is bad.

BPM friendly tracks are generally of the Techno / House genre, just a track with a strong consistent and fairly evenly spaced beat.

Posted Sun 07 Mar 04 @ 3:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)