Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: DENON OSD DN-S3700 Edition

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Last week I become the happy owner of two DENON DN-S3700 decks!
I used them live with my other skins (Ghost O.S.D. Edition), but they lack from some specific commands I would like to have visible on my skin in order to work with these amazing decks.
So, based on the O.S.D. concept I threw out a quick skin.
This skin DOES NOT LOOK LIKE the DENON's. I see these amazing decks in real size in front of me! There's no need to see them in my laptop's screen! However this skin includes some features specialized for these decks such as the MOTORWHEEL_INSTANT_PLAY command.
The skin was made for personal usage but I thought I should share it with the rest of the community in case anyone finds it useful.

In order to use this skin the way it's supposed to be used you must have:
1) SBDJ's Battery plug-in installed
2) PhantomDj's Watchdog plug-in installed
3) TexZK's Flanjet effect installed
4) Dj CEL's BrakeStart effect installed
5) Quadbyte's "QB Filter" VST effect installed and renamed to "QB_Filter1.dll" & "QB_Filter2.dll"

Also, for optimal results if you own a pair of DN-S3700 decks you might wanna check and download my mapper too (that will be uploaded in the near future though)

The exact screen resolution of the skin is 1920x1040 pixels. This way the skin leaves windows taskbar VISIBLE (it's a matter of personal taste, but as I said I made this skin for myself)
The skin is for AUDIO events only and it has TWO decks! No Video, no internal mixer/EQ e.t.c. It features large scratch waveforms, 20 hotcues per track, and NO rotating platters/spinners (As I said, I can see my real platter spinning in front of my eyes. Why would I want to see it "spin" on the screen ? :P )
It is NOT a "timecode oriented" skin. However there is some basic timecode support built in, in order to be able to use your decks in HYBRID mode...

Finally:
Please don't ask for other screen resolutions at the moment. I'm way too busy to resize this skin in other resolutions. I have to finish the CDS-4 skin, to fine tune my DN-S3700 mapper, fix a bug on the VDJ DB Manager and provide 2 new features on the Watchdog plug-in.
However I would like to have your feedback and constructive comments. I might update the skin with a few new features or some color tweaks in the future, but that will be available only in the initial release screen resolution, and only if it fits my personal taste. As I said, this skin was made for PERSONAL usage...

DOWNLOAD LINK

Thank you!

Posted Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 3:54 am
DJGCEPRO InfinityMember since 2009
To clarify, is this easily resizable with the skin resizer tool? (no warped panels, etc)

Posted Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 11:56 am
The skin features a few panels. However it's not that complex... I guess that Skin Resizer will be able to resize it in other resolutions with the SAME ratio... Resizing to other ratios most likely will fail since the browser features 4 panels (one for each size)

Posted Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 12:12 pm
sounds good. i'll test it in a different ratio to see if there is any distortion. Thanks for the skin Phantom.

Posted Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 12:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Resizing to other ratios most likely will fail since the browser features 4 panels (one for each size)

I can verify that Skin Resizer Tool can handle multiple browsers very well, even in case of different ratios.

Posted Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 12:50 pm
yeah what Dad said. only thing that distorts is the size of the VDJ logo, but thats easily fixable,

Posted Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 12:56 pm

Posted Wed 14 Dec 11 @ 6:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)