Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Stanton SCS.1 system issues / layout needed

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

EO4593Home userMember since 2011
Hi guys,

I'm new in virtual dj... I used mixvibes before, and just tryed Traktor.

I just got an SCS.1 system, and I would like to know a few things....
When I change the pitch range, it changes globally, and not by decks.... Can I re-map this? I would like to change pitch-range per deck, and not all of them.

Also when I change deck, the pitch controller stays at the previous deck's pitch position, and I must set it to 0 before sensing the actual value....

Is there anyone made a good 4 deck mapping for SCS.1?
What will happens when I add another SCS.1d? I must re-configure the whole preset?

Finally, I know this would be belonging to the 'skin-chat', but I would like to use a 4 deck skin - preferably with video - and on 1024 X 768 max res.. (since my old touch-screen supports that MAX res.) I couldn't find anything like that....

I like the ideas of VirtualDJ (99 decks, video fully cusomizable layout /which should be made cut and paste, easyly modifiable/ and the others). It is natively supports my gear, but is some ways Traktor works 'better' (without native support), like holding pitch range per deck and it have hi-res waveform, semple-decks and as I read in some forums has better FX's....

But they have a horrible customer support (they want to convince people that they producing the 'best soundcards' on the planet which is neccessary to their timecode support.... and other things like no video, not even in the future and a horrible mapping procedure, ect.)

I hope Virtual DJ kicks their *ss and will bring the version 8 in the NEEEEAR future. (Does anyone could tell me a target date to this?)

PLS someone send me a mapped and usable SCS.1 layout with the pitch issues corrected...

THX in advane

Posted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 9:21 pm
EO4593 wrote :
When I change the pitch range, it changes globally, and not by decks.... Can I re-map this?

Sorry, this is not currently possible.

Pitch range is global for all decks, but you can always ask in the wishes & new features forum if you would like to see this capability in a future version of the software: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/18/Wishes_and_new_features.html

EO4593 wrote :
Also when I change deck, the pitch controller stays at the previous deck's pitch position, and I must set it to 0 before sensing the actual value....

Please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Soft%20Take-over%20or%20Non-MIDI%20Mixer.html

You can change the mapping to pitch instead of pitch_slider to disable this, but this is not recommended because this could result in a sudden (And audible if key lock is off) change in tempo if there is a big difference between the two positions.

EO4593 wrote :
What will happens when I add another SCS.1d? I must re-configure the whole preset?

The same mapping applies to all MIDI controllers of the same type (Two SCS.1d will share the same mapping.)

EO4593 wrote :
Finally, I know this would be belonging to the 'skin-chat', but I would like to use a 4 deck skin - preferably with video - and on 1024 X 768 max res.. (since my old touch-screen supports that MAX res.) I couldn't find anything like that....

You can try searching http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/skins.html?category=all&order=default&resolution=1024&search=

Or once you purchase the full VirtualDJ Pro, you could download the skin resizer tool http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/7187/Skin_Resizer_Tool.html and try resizing an existing 4 deck skin. However, space is very limited at 1024x768 so this may not work very well.

Depending on your graphical skills and XML knowledge, you could try making your own skin: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Skin%20SDK%20.html - For registered licensed Pro users, there is a skin design tool that can help with this: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/5990/Skin_Creator_Tool_-_Windows.html

NOTE: To be able to use MIDI controllers such as the SCS.1d for more than 10 minutes at a time, download add-ons and much, much more, you will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 5:49 am
Another thing.... The SCS.1d platter spins in a constant speed, regardles where the pitch I adjust....

The layers change should scahnge the pitch.... it is not usable without this feature.... That is why the 100mm pitch slider is motorised....

Posted Tue 06 Dec 11 @ 9:09 am
And the volume level meters on SCS.1m are really slow.... Is shows new levels in every 1-2 seconds.... (works OK with other programs)

Posted Tue 06 Dec 11 @ 11:51 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What version of VirtualDJ are you using?
Are you using the native support OR are you going through DaRouter with some other mapping from some other place?
Have you installed the latest firmware for the SCS.1 System?
Are you using the SCS.1m as your audio device?
Are you using the latest ASIO drivers for the SCS.1m?
What is the specs of the system you are using with the SCS.1 System?
Are the FireWire ports on that system only FireWire 400 or are they FireWire 800?

-- Yes, the platters will always spin at a constant speed, because they are natively supported direct through code and not using the 3rd Party DaRouter software.

-- Yes, with the default mapping of the motorized control of the pitch faders was not implemented initially. The functionality does exist - just not implemented. And to say it is 'unusable' without that feature is inaccurate.

-- The delay in showing VU Meter levels tells me there is a severe latency issue with your system - the meters respond on point with the unit I have, so that is why I am asking the questions above.

Posted Tue 06 Dec 11 @ 1:24 pm
I have a pro version 7.05, just get it from a friend... to test my gear.
I used it without DaRouter.
I use the latest firmware, and ASIO.
I have a highly modified (DIY) Lenovo M58p USFF machine with all passive cooling in 1U hight a C2D 2 GHz, 1GB DDR3, Intel X25-E 32 GB SSD, and an E-Mu 1820m soundcard (which have a FW 400 on the PCI card) ;P
With Traktor 2 I could get 2 ms latency, and everything was pretty ok, but I would like to use VDJ for a lot of reason.

First of all VDJ allows to use multiple soundcard, and I would like to use my E-Mu (since 120dB S/N and a lot of I/O ect.) and use only the headphones from SCS.1m.

Video scratches are crazy.... I hope my integrated GMA 4500 videocard (with a VGA and a DisplayPort out which I want to split via the new Zotac DP to dual HDMI) will be enough to make dual screen (avi) projection and use my touch screen on the VGA (of course with 4G, dual channel 1333MHz memory and possible a quad-core cpu)

For me the skinable UI and at least 4 player is important.
I would like to modify one of the skin to have all the 4 decks waveform 'one UNDER another' (to clearly see all of them individually, and to see which is ahead or late), but also a 'serato style' paralel, zoomed waveform to see the important scratches... and a crossfaer assign for fast swiches. I would like to see coloured high res waveforms too, but that is the only feature that calling me from T2. I will test the SCS.1 system with MixVibes pro in the near future, just to have a clear compare.

I'm coming from analog side, and this is my first midi-controller, and I get used to the fact the platter speeds faster and slower, so it is really strange for me now. Is it possible to put this feature in the version 8 (of course make it swichable)?

The motorised pitch fader is essential... If I put on a song on deck 1 at the -5% and another song on deck 2 on -13 % and a third song on deck 3 on +7% and I need to swich back to adjust the deck 1, just a little.... well, if the fader not swiches back to the -5% and I move it from the previous value (either +7 or -13%) than the -5% will drops (or spins up) to that value where it was and kill my mix ... because I wanted to adjust 0.1 or 0.2 %.... that's why I said 'unusable'.

Posted Wed 07 Dec 11 @ 4:47 am
EO4593 wrote :
I have a pro version 7.05, just get it from a friend... to test my gear.

In that case, you are using the software ILLEGALLY.

VirtualDJ licenses cannot be shared and by doing so, your friend is violating his End User License Agreement, assuming that he is using a legitimate version - Please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Can%20I%20share%20my%20Serial%20Number.html

If you like VirtualDJ, then please support it and its future development by purchasing your own legitimate license: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

NOTE: Illegal versions usually do not work correctly and may contain bugs due to illegal modifications made to the software by the hackers who created the cracked version. They are also often out-of-date versions of the software and may also contain viruses, spyware and other malicious software. Please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Illegal%20Pirate%20Version.html

Posted Wed 07 Dec 11 @ 5:30 am
I will buy it if I'm shure it works with my gear.
If it does everything I want.
But to know this I must try it, since I want VDJ because of it 's video feature I must try that before buying it.
I checked the comparison between the possible versions, and found MIDI and video support is only available at pro full.....
Sorry, but I will not pay 300$ for something just to try it.... as long I'm not shure what is it.
But will buy it if I found out it suits my needs.

Posted Wed 07 Dec 11 @ 8:24 am
You can try it out legally by downloading Home FREE from: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html

Home FREE allows Pro features such MIDI controllers for 10 minutes at a time. You can restart the software as many times as you like to continue the trial.

Posted Wed 07 Dec 11 @ 9:59 am
No video mixing in the free version..... so I had to ask for a pro version.....
But why is this an issue? I'm most likely a future customer of yours..... Who asked someone for a pro version for TEST.
I don't want to perform with that version.... neither earn money with it.
If I like everything I WILL buy a legal copy. that is 300$ in your pocket in the near future.

But to reach that YOU have to find a solution for the problems I have.... and not only pushing the same thing about "pirated" SW....
It is a legal copy, and I could take my SCS.1 system (11 Kilogramms) to my friend and try with his (creepy) system..... but it was way more easy to get a CD from him and test it with the system I will use with it.... (it would be hard to instal a PCI card into a notebook)

Posted Thu 08 Dec 11 @ 2:40 am
What would be the answers to post #6 if I would have write there 'I use a downloaded 7.05b FREE version to test my gear' in the first line...?
(What I will do on the next week, since I'm busy with other things)...

Posted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 4:32 am
I still can't use the motorised pitch when I change layer.... nothing happens...., and when I mix 4 songs together, and all of them are on.... there is no way to adjust one of the decks tempo.... only if I use soft take over, but then I must look what was the pitch value when I left that deck and try to find it myself (manually) and when I found that value, than I can try to adjust half percent or so (more often I must memorise the value and at one point it starts to move, than I try to adjust it to the desired value) uhhhh...
Not confortble, and really not professional.

If I use other software than it works fine, and it is the only thing at the moment why I don't buy VDJ pro today.... :(
I already mailed Stanton for this, they told me they working on this issue.... But probably VDJ stuff sould co-operate with Stanton, since other programs supports it 100% ....

Posted Fri 30 Dec 11 @ 10:41 am
Dude just buy it.
i was using this software (pirated) for almost a week, liked it, bought it.
i use 2x SCS.1d and a SCS.1m which i had to self map, until i bought it, then everything automapped and worked perfect.

Posted Tue 18 Sep 12 @ 6:01 am
Hi guys, got the SC 1 system setup and I'd like to stick with using
VDJ 7 pro.But I can not get the mapping of the motorized
platter correct. Scs 1d touch platter will not control track while playing, will not scratch or platter will not turn. Is there any one out there that can help me solve mapping issue of Scs 1d motorized platter control on VDJ.

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 9:01 am
You should try it with VDJ 8.

In future, please do not bump two year old topics. :-)

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 9:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)