Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ and SL1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have the latest version of virtual dj and i had an old version of scratchlive installed as well and VDJ was working fine. I recently installed a newer version of scratchlive and now my virtualdj is getting ASIO errors.

I primarily use VDJ for almost all my mixing however some guest djs prefer to use scratchlive on my system.

My primary need is for virtual dj to start back working using my SL1 and
My secondary need is for it to all work with the latest version of scratchlive.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated
Thank you

Posted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 9:27 pm

Posted Fri 02 Dec 11 @ 6:39 am
I think i tried what the link suggested.

I right clicked on the speaker icon on the taskbar in windows 7, clicked on playback devices and my internal soundcard was selected and was already default. I did not see the SL1( assuming its suppose to be named SL1 or something like that)

When i go to virtual dj setup i use the following selections

INPUTS: TimeCodes - Chan 1&2 Deck 1 / Chan 3&4 Deck 2

OUTPUTS: External Mixer - Deck 1 chan 1&2 / Deck 2 chant 3&4

****here is where it gets weird. in the drop down menu for SOUNDCARD all i see and can select is Creative ASIO
SOUNDCARD: ASIO Driver: Creative ASIO

Ultra Latency checked

So i found an old exe of ScratchLive_1.9.2 and i install the ASIO drivers only.
after doing this i go back to virtual dj and ONLY NOW can i select more options from the SOUNDCARD: ASIO Driver option

I now have Creative ASIO, SL1 Driver, MP 4 Driver and TTM 57SL Driver.

and from here i think i got VDJ to work, however im pretty sure ScratchLive isnt going to work anymore. Also i think i had to select serato new engine for the timecodes for it to work.

I dont know if this is going to be an issue. I would really like to have both VDJ and Scratchlive work on their latest versions with my SL1.
There must be a solution for this problem atleast i hope so and that it is not unique to me.

Again any assistance is greatly appreciated,
Thank you,

Posted Sat 03 Dec 11 @ 9:49 pm
Im pretty sure if you download the newest version of Scratch Live youll get both sets of drivers. Atleast thats what happened for me with my SL3.

Good Luck
Huey

Posted Sat 03 Dec 11 @ 10:54 pm
I run both on the same computer with no issues. I would re-install both drivers. However I have not upgraded to the pro version of VDJ yet. Perhaps there is an issue there.

Posted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 11:11 am
Ok so this problem is still unsolved for me.

I delayed posting about it here until i did a full reinstall of windows 7 on the pc.

So i did a full reinstall today.

Windows 7 Ultimate
2.6ghz i7 cpu
6gig ram
Creative X-Fi sound card.
Serato SL1 box
Virtual DJ 7 (purchased)

I installed the latest version of Serato Scratchlive that has the SL1 drivers
ScratchLive works with my SL1

I restarted and installed latest version of VirtualDJ 7
and it doesnt work in virtualdj

My setup looks EXACTLY THE SAME as i described in a previous post.

dmastermind wrote :
I think i tried what the link suggested.

I right clicked on the speaker icon on the taskbar in windows 7, clicked on playback devices and my internal soundcard was selected and was already default. I did not see the SL1( assuming its suppose to be named SL1 or something like that)

When i go to virtual dj setup i use the following selections

INPUTS: TimeCodes - Chan 1&2 Deck 1 / Chan 3&4 Deck 2

OUTPUTS: External Mixer - Deck 1 chan 1&2 / Deck 2 chant 3&4

****here is where it gets weird. in the drop down menu for SOUNDCARD all i see and can select is Creative ASIO
SOUNDCARD: ASIO Driver: Creative ASIO

Ultra Latency checked

So i found an old exe of ScratchLive_1.9.2 and i install the ASIO drivers only.
after doing this i go back to virtual dj and ONLY NOW can i select more options from the SOUNDCARD: ASIO Driver option

I now have Creative ASIO, SL1 Driver, MP 4 Driver and TTM 57SL Driver.

and from here i think i got VDJ to work, however im pretty sure ScratchLive isnt going to work anymore. Also i think i had to select serato new engine for the timecodes for it to work.

I dont know if this is going to be an issue. I would really like to have both VDJ and Scratchlive work on their latest versions with my SL1.
There must be a solution for this problem atleast i hope so and that it is not unique to me.

Again any assistance is greatly appreciated,
Thank you,

I am now completely lost as to what else i can try to get the lateast version of VirtualDJ and Serato ScratchLive to work together.

Someone please pull a rabbit out of a hat and provide me with a magical answer :)

Thanks for any help provided.

Posted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 8:25 pm

Posted Fri 02 Mar 12 @ 12:23 pm
thanks for the info i will try you suggested

Posted Mon 13 Jan 14 @ 12:35 pm

Posted Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 3:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)