Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: New Year's Countdown

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

beloudPRO InfinityMember since 2010
What is everyone using for a New Years countdown? Is there a good plugin you can recommend, or maybe a purchasable stock video?

Posted Mon 28 Nov 11 @ 4:26 pm
Look on Essential Media Beta Thread

there are some Flash movies with an New Year Countdown

you can use EM (you have to pay for) or Firetext (there is an free Version of it)

Posted Mon 28 Nov 11 @ 4:44 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Each year ever since clipbank was released I normally make a new years count down video for some of the major cities around the world and they are completely free of charge to owners of VDJ Software.

I'll try and make a new batch for this year depending on the time and footage I have available, but last years will still be given free if I can't make the deadline, normally there is about five minutes of footage either side of midnight, it gives the impression you have switched over to the city and gives you a break to mingle and relax with the crowd if you want. Here are a couple from previous years...

Apologies to people who have been recently requesting access to my clipbank footage, unfortunately I've been a little busy but I will be sending out links to you within the next few days.

Posted Mon 28 Nov 11 @ 5:40 pm
SBDJ's countdown will be good for me, but the idea of creating a pre-made video for midnight is winner for me!!
i can down a Bomb of Jager at midnight without having to worry about missing cues for the audio/visual

can you send me a ling (again) mr Tayla for your clip? and i'll send you a clip of the one i usually do every year..

Posted Mon 28 Nov 11 @ 9:53 pm
Hey Mark, just PM me with your email and I'll send you a new link.

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 5:56 am
Just a few little tip's for those that have never done a New Years Eve party before this is how I usually run mine....

In the past I have normally run DJ Cels Text 2D's clock in 12 hour mode HH/MM/SS in a large font across the top left corner of the screens from the beginning of the night, this year I think I will be running Scott's (SBDJ CountDown) from the start of the evening, just been trying it out and it looks excellent for what I need, but the choice is yours what you use.

Then at precisely 11.55pm I switch over to my own personal countdown video, works a treat. It's a great atmosphere builder as the crowd start to watch the screens intently with Big Bens hands moving in real time for the last five minutes ready for the big crowd countdown which comes in at -30 seconds.

Along the bottom of the screen I use Scott's Scroll Text to give out messages from the management of the venue, drinks offers, happy new year etc.

In the centre of the screen running vertically I run SMS text messages from the crowd, guess which software I use, lol. This year I'll be able to delete those naughty one's which have managed to circum navigate the filter programme (you know the one's I mean guys) punters are always coming up with great ways of rewording something, but with Firetexts new on screen delete feature they are now history, better still delete it before it even hits the screens, delete individual massages or in multiples.

Throughout the night it's music videos, timed pop up adverts, messages and effects from TextMachine 3Ds software run through Firetext, plus the usual stuff using the features brought to you two years ago in the free Firetext plugin, moving logos, adverts, camera, movie tab, text message vertical and horizontal, image files, adrotator, using transparencies, flash files, mpg, avi etc. all working within VDJ. Take a look at the bottom of post to see what has been available for the last two years or so. Dont forget Firetext has always brought you these features first, always copied never beaten.

The screens alive all night, a lot of work at times but well worth the effort, how do I know, I'm asked back to this venue year after year and they have already booked me again for 2012.

Well those are my tips people, why not post some of your own and let everyone else gain from your experience, I'm never to old to learn from good advice.

Enjoy your night....

Name: FireText VirtualDJ Plugin
Author: FireText - Experienced pro user -

Date added: Fri 22 Jan 10 @ 8:33 pm
Last update: Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 5:25 pm
Monthly downloads: 233
Total downloads: 9 287

Description:
FireText VirtualDJ Plugin v2.43

Features
+ Choice of vertical or horizontal scroller
+ Image slide show and timed sequence rotation with pause and play
+ Camera picture in picture control
+ Template save for later properties/position retrieval
+ Alpha blend of text and images
+ Control location maintaing aspect
+ ChromaKey advanced filter

+ FireText Virtual DJ Robot for sending Videos To Screen (great for for your own or bar moving logos, adverts etc)

Extras
+ Text To Screen sourced from FireText Administrator
+ Random & pause image rotation from FireText Administrator
+ AVI/MPG movies sourced from FireText Administrator
+ SWF Flash movies sourced from FireText Administrator
+ Twitter client for screen name replies shown as normal messages

Prerequisites
+ Windows XP/Vista/W7
+ DirectX fully updated
+ VirtualDJ registered version

Known issues
+ Happens to freeze on some systems when camera driver hooks camera device
+ Not compatible with FireText v1.6.x.x versions, please get v1.7.1.x

Fixes for v2.43
+ Text message removal after sent (one by one & clear all)
+ FireText v1.7.5.25 required

Fixes for v2.42.1
+ UAC DXClose()/DXOpen() fix for Vista & Win7
+ Image rotation from FireText performed in background thread
+ Template tab has deletion button and load on double-click
+ Virtual DJ 6.1 checkbox label fix

© Copyright 2009-2010 FireText
http://www.firetext.tv/

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 6:37 am
we r going to telecast the ball drop live, PROBLEM SOLVED! :D

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 12:46 pm
Thats great if you can get an internet or hard wire link at the dj box, your kinda snookered if you can't though.

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 12:54 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
www.nyecountdowns.com nuff said.

Posted Wed 30 Nov 11 @ 4:03 pm
ROFL, this looks very similar to the guy that was selling promo vids on the general forums, your not his mate are you, lol.

You neglected to mention that these videos will cost $99 and up over depending on your selection.

Posted Wed 30 Nov 11 @ 4:50 pm
Yo Tayla, hows it going? A lot of work goes into your shows, but it's worth it. Keep up the good work, my brother.

Posted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 12:24 am
beloudPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I've decided to make my own custom video with a 5 minute countdown and a song playing in the background. I'll fade it out with the final ten seconds being a booming 10-second countdown voiceover.

I'll throw in a "Happy New Year" slide and fireworks and play Auld Lang Syne over the top. All in all, I get a seven minute break to do whatever I want at New Years.

Thanks for all the suggestions and good discussion on this topic!

Posted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 12:41 pm
Hey Rick, doing good mate and you, great to see you out and about again, give me a shout on skype when you get the time.

Posted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 1:00 pm
I've uploaded a small 20 second countdown for new years eve which you can see in the video forum, just to get the ball rolling.

maybe's a mod could add this thread to the other one, seems it would be more appropriate over there.

Cheers.

Posted Fri 16 Dec 11 @ 5:32 am

Posted Sun 08 Jan 12 @ 3:20 pm
jackdaoHome userMember since 2012
Hi tayla,
I love your countdown video above. could you send me a link to download a fresh video without year to play on my large TV at NYE 2013
my email: [removed]
Thanks & best regards,
Jack

Non-licensed users are not permitted to post contact details. Thanks.

Posted Fri 28 Dec 12 @ 8:32 pm
I've just about finished a new one for the UK without any year showing meaning it could be good to use for a few years. I'll post it when ready.

It will be free to all VDJ users no matter which version you use, just go to http://visualshed.forumotion.co.uk/ and sign in.

Pick up other clipbank videos while your there.

Posted Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 1:03 am

Posted Sun 30 Dec 12 @ 2:36 pm
'Bout the only good thing they've done all year...

Got the same e-mail, downloaded them all and used them ;-)

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Wed 02 Jan 13 @ 2:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)