Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: for the milkdrop in you... - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Oh, well... I just noticed how VDJ is close to WMP ;-) If you ever got it working without an issue, there's a Nobel prize for you, I bet. Sooory, it won't go!

Posted Fri 16 Dec 11 @ 9:17 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's not close to WMP at all!

I've got it working beautifully, it's just a bit CPU intensive on some systems.

Posted Fri 16 Dec 11 @ 1:53 pm
I'd be interested in beta testing it for you if your looking for more people. Just let me know.

Thanks

Posted Fri 16 Dec 11 @ 1:56 pm
So, let's make a test. Start WMP with doubleclick. It opens. Then start another instance of WMP (doubleclick). No, it won't go. Now, start VDJ with doubleclick. It opens. Now start another instance of VDJ (doubleclick). Nothing happens... busted!
There's no Milkdrops for WMP, with the reason... and every software silmilar to WMP couldn't make it happen... And it won't. Whatever you got working, it's weak and it will crash VDJ anytime!

Posted Fri 16 Dec 11 @ 2:25 pm
Lmao!! You really don't know what or who Scott is, lol!! I've had the pleasure of testing it out and it has never crashed my system and it is beautiful!!

Don't write checks you can't cash bro...........just sayin
Huey

Posted Fri 16 Dec 11 @ 3:30 pm
So, it's you... again. And what can I say... though I don't want this thread closed, just like the last time when you were around... I'm blown away with your arguments. And out of here... Jeez.

Posted Fri 16 Dec 11 @ 3:59 pm
What are you talking about?? You said it would never work, I'm just telling you he does in fact have it working. Yes the CPU was high but it did work.

Didn't realize I offended you, sorry if that's how you've taking it cause that's not what I was trying to do.
Huey

Posted Fri 16 Dec 11 @ 4:02 pm
VDJ has absolutely nothing to do with WMP. They can both use DirectShow and that's where the similarities end. I can open both at the same time no problem at all.

As for crashing, no, my projectM plugin has not crashed VDJ and I've left it running non stop for days.

Posted Fri 16 Dec 11 @ 8:27 pm
whoa! what goes on here?....nLn users demanding again?.....anyway....

Scott...what can u tell us about Morphyre? can this be modded?

Posted Tue 20 Dec 11 @ 8:27 pm
This 'nasty' NLU is just trying to save your time... you should use already existed working sources made by someone else. See this:

http://www.google.hr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=bass_sfx&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.un4seen.com%2Fforum%2F%3Ftopic%3D9488&ei=d7LxTpLYJozFswaPqLzlDw&usg=AFQjCNFT_xrNW0MVpNQmnBbch3Gk9h-11Q

to get this:

http://i39.tinypic.com/15dl3fc.jpg

Working great with my Free VDJ, audio goes to this tiny XMPlayer, allowing me everything I want (Milkdrop2, ProjectM, AVS, Tripex, Morphyre...) in the same time... It's a pretty simple setup, you'll need an extra TV and USB video card, but this will save this SBDJ guy from a lot of misery and will save you from crashing VDJ.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 4:25 am
Of course, there are other ways, creating wrapper for bass plugins and stuff... but it's not really my problem.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 5:14 am
As far as I'm aware those plugins render to their own window (and in the case of WA5 an embedded window) which isn't much use to VDJ users, we need it on a DX surface - preferably on our own device to save the expensive copy operation between devices.

USB video cards are a joke.

As for my plugin - you haven't seen it or used my projectM plugin. It most definitely does NOT crash VDJ so stop spreading lies and misinformation.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 5:27 am
To make things clear, I've never seen it and I've never said your plugin crashes. I was just showing the way it works for sure and is available for anyone. Allowing people to try demo plugin could get you some more registered users, if it suits their needs.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 5:42 am
Post edited, lol! Yonitemare are you Walter??

Posted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 5:47 am
yonitemaire wrote:

And out of here... Jeez.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 5:53 am
USB video can work well. It all depends.

Since there is more CPU usage, having a faster computer helps.

With ATI graphics, everything works as expected and quite well.

With NVIDIA graphics, DirectX may or may not work with USB. You have to do things differently here. VDJ's output has not worked with NVIDIA using standard DirectX procedures but this can be made to work. This is not a USB to VGA bug. This is a DirectX/NVIDIA bug.

From the video demonstrations I have seen using USB 3.0 to VGA, it looks very good. USB 3.0 is slowly making it's way onto some laptops.

While I promote the use of a 2nd graphics card for a 3rd monitor, for most laptops, this is not an option.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 10:07 am
yonitemaire wrote :
To make things clear, I've never seen it and I've never said your plugin crashes. I was just showing the way it works for sure and is available for anyone. Allowing people to try demo plugin could get you some more registered users, if it suits their needs.

You've said on several occasions that it would crash VDJ.

None of the USB video cards I tried - USB2 admittedly - performed well enough to handle realtime visuals. In fact they didn't support hardware acceleration. Perhaps things have moved on. It's largely irrelevant since running vis on a seperate output is a rubbish non solution that has been possible all along. It isn't much use to us if its not integrated into VDJ and can't partipate in a video transition.

Besides Thunderbolt would be a far better choice IMHO.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 10:39 am
All I said was that might crash VDJ. You should leave VDJ to handle music and video, but those advanced visuals should go separately. Like I did... Play music and videos from VDJ with it's output to one screen and have this tiny XMPlayer with visuals, accepting audio from VDJ and sending visuals to third monitor over USB video card. It's not Winamp and visuals are realtime. I respect your work, but it's not available to NLU's, so I can't have my opinion about it, how could I? So for the last time, no, I haven't said that. This is going nowhere, and I really don't enjoy in this conversation anymore.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 11:18 am
Again, the ATI cards worked flawless with VDJ and USB2 with DirectX hardware acceleration and in all cases.

There is a problem with NVIDIA. Neither of the 2 I tested worked in General for VDJ. But that does not mean it can't work and I am able to get them to work. On my NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400, I was able to get full acceleration but had to do it differently. On the NVIDIA 310m card all was good upto the point of display and that means no display.

Any solution that allows a 3rd monitor is what I am looking for and this is not limited to USB. It could be a 2nd graphics card, USB 2, USB 3, or something else.

No one is suggesting that you should not use your main dedicated monitor for VDJ output.

A 3rd monitor option is not for everyone but great for some.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 11:21 am
Fair enough Don.

Personally I want an integrated video solution where I can seamlessly transition from video to visual to picture.

Having my visuals on a seperate output, thus losing text, logo etc is a giant no no to me.

I'm just going to ignore the crash comments. I might die today too.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 11:40 am
24%