Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Stack skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I want to make this skin a reality. This is a FAST photoshop to get the idea down, but I want to make it so that I can actually use it. The idea is essentially that each deck gets it\'s own dedicated waveform ( the one that\'s on top of the decks in the usual skin, not what shows up in the scratch mixer. I want to see Cue\'s and beat markers) , but still has the panel modes that the original VDJ7 4 deck skin had. No changes to the bottom half except that I made it shorter, functionality wise I\'d like to to act the same. What I\'m looking for is a good coder to help me out with this.

Hope to see some good posts soon.

When it's done if the moderators approve I'll submit it for approval.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 11 @ 12:46 am
I have a "similar" skin on the makes.
I believe that you should start with your project and ask for help here any time you stuck. There are several good skinners here that help users providing them the code they need!!!

Posted Tue 13 Sep 11 @ 1:53 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Andre,

Eventhough it is a fast photoshop, you could get it up and running in a few hours with the Skin Creator tool:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/tools.html

First you will need to create the "MouseOver" and "MouseDown" graphics, and then open the picture file in the Skin Creator.

As you are a Premium Member, to activate full features of the Tool, all you need to do is write in your VDJ username and password in the "Activate Full version" window.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 11 @ 7:38 am
I've been trying to do something like this since I first saw the original 4 deck skin. I don't even know where to start. I'm HEAVILY interested in this project.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 11 @ 7:39 am
You're talking to someone who has no idea what that means. I downloaded the skin creator too though.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 11 @ 7:51 am
The skin creator tool is nice but for a newbie it sucks! The directions are not clear and the tutorial video doesn't even match the GUI of the present tool........ sure it shows you how to add a button but thats it. Nothing about the down or up graphics......it needs to be updated.

I'll take a look at it this weekend if I get some time. What do want on it?? Do you want the panels to work just as they are? Basically just like the stock skin but stacked?

Huey

Posted Tue 13 Sep 11 @ 9:06 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have created one just like this but its only 2 decks.

Maybe i should finish it at some point ... soon

what resolution/size is your image?

Posted Tue 13 Sep 11 @ 12:37 pm
1280 X 800.

This kind of thing would make my life and a bunch of other DJ's lives a lot better. letting us see things much more clearly. Some of us end up DJing in places that are over kill loud, to the point of not being able to hear the Cue track.

Thanks for the interest in this topic people. I really appreciate it.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 11 @ 5:30 pm
@beatbreaker yes that's exactly what I want. I don't need any other added stuff.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 11 @ 10:37 am
i too have a few unfinished skins based on this kind of idea.
if more people show more interest in this project, i'll complete mine too :)

good luck guys.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 11 @ 9:12 pm
dJ_ro_(ecu) wrote :
Andre_Kleijn wrote :
@beatbreaker yes that's exactly what I want. I don't need any other added stuff.

I would gladly to do this... But at the moment i do not have much time available to do so, by labor issues ...

Take your time. I'd like it done soon, but seeing as beggars can't be choosers, I can only say think you. I really appreciate this. Thanks for all the support. when it's all done I'm going to make a day time skin of it. Just a simple color inversion.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 11 @ 9:17 am
this its great go for it!

Posted Wed 21 Sep 11 @ 5:03 pm
DJGCEPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Nice... any chance of seeing a 2deck version?

Posted Wed 21 Sep 11 @ 8:58 pm
Hopefully the master skin creators will make both a 2 and a 4 deck version. I don't have the like abilities to make this happen.

Posted Sat 24 Sep 11 @ 10:58 pm
Has any one made any progress with this? I really hope this isn't a project that goes by the way side. I'd like to use this skin soon. I have a series of gigs coming up.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 10:32 pm
if you have 4 decks stacked like in the above picture, would it be fairly simple to implement 4 video previews (each video on each line between the deck and the rhythm wave)

then if you click on ANY, the video will cross fade appropriately?

and if you have more than 4 decks.. what if you could squeeze 6 or 8 decks, would the idea work in this case??

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 9:18 pm
That set up would imply a macro beyond what I know how to do. I still don't even know how to code something like this skin. I'm hoping one of the skin masters takes the reigns and makes this.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 7:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)