Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: freeze issues with macbook pro , VDJ PRO , and Denon mc-6000 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

first my setup - macbook pro ( 6 months old ) with VDJ PRO 7 with the Denon mc-6000. updated the VDJ software and the firmware on the Denon mc-6000 about a month ago. when mixing with 4 decks while playing songs on 2 decks and loading songs on the other 2 decks the entire skin screen will freeze sometimes for 10 or 15 seconds other times for a minute or more. the problem is intermittant and it does'nt seem to matter which combo of decks I use whether it be 1 & 3 , 2 & 4, 1 & 4, or 2 & 3. I scroll through my music library , select a song try to load it onto a deck and the entire program will freeze up for any length of time. anybody having this problem or have an answer please help.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 11 @ 6:43 pm
foamgodPRO InfinityMember since 2004
RKMPRODUCTIONS wrote :
first my setup - macbook pro ( 6 months old ) with VDJ PRO 7 with the Denon mc-6000. updated the VDJ software and the firmware on the Denon mc-6000 about a month ago. when mixing with 4 decks while playing songs on 2 decks and loading songs on the other 2 decks the entire skin screen will freeze sometimes for 10 or 15 seconds other times for a minute or more. the problem is intermittant and it does'nt seem to matter which combo of decks I use whether it be 1 & 3 , 2 & 4, 1 & 4, or 2 & 3. I scroll through my music library , select a song try to load it onto a deck and the entire program will freeze up for any length of time. anybody having this problem or have an answer please help.

Yes, me also

Posted Sat 01 Oct 11 @ 12:26 am
Do you guys have the stock Ram & Hard drive?

Also have you given your drive permission under disk utilities this is a big one from what I've seen.

The only reason I ask about the ram I was having some freeze issue myself but when I upgraded to 8 GB ram 99% of freeze problems went away, I also upgraded my drive to 7200rpm that also helped a bunch.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 11 @ 8:56 am
yes i'm having the same freeze problem. i have a mac book pro, Denon DN HC4500 Controller and a MP2 mixer still freeze even working with my toshiba 6G ram and intel I3 processor it's even worst. Any solution guys

Posted Mon 03 Oct 11 @ 8:20 pm
Do you have the latest firmware installed on the Denon DN-HC4500? Freezing was a common issue with the earlier firmware for this controller.

Please download and install the latest from http://www.denondj.com

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 5:15 am
Yeah I totally agree, worst thing is when your in the club and is half way through a song and it freezes music still plays but you have no control scary as hell you just pray it will unfreeze in time. I hope they fix this problem asap.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 4:18 pm
i was having the same issues, i tried to upgrade firmware for mc6000, it tells me cant download mandalone osx has to be 10.6 or higher. well i am on 10.7, so i will keep working on the downlaod.

Posted Sun 25 Dec 11 @ 1:14 am
my freezing problem has gone. I mapped my channels according to wiki page. 3-1-2-4 ,but i did not like that so i changed it to 1-3-2-4, everything was running just fine. Then i was looking through the forums and saw that the mc 6000 had an update. so i did the update and now when i turn the volume sliders up the music comes through my headphones even if i do not have the pfl or cue buttons selected. I will try and figure this out. i reset all mapping to factory but that did not help.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 12 @ 11:23 am
Fixed it with a reboot mc 6000 and virtual.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 12 @ 11:57 am
skylerlegrande56 wrote :
Yeah I totally agree, worst thing is when your in the club and is half way through a song and it freezes music still plays but you have no control scary as hell you just pray it will unfreeze in time. I hope they fix this problem asap.

Yeah this just happened to me in the club this past Saturday. I was watching and waiting to see if I would be able to regain control over my music before it e ended.. Sure enough, I had to loop the last 8 bars and pray to God for a miracle. needless to say, that miracle never came and i was very embarrassed as I was playing for a very enthenic crowd AND al of the owners plus the new GM was in the house. To make things even worse, that was the day we were supposed to talk about my pay raise for spinning vids. VDJ did failed me 4 times that night, and guess what.. That raise never came, as a matter of fact, my job is now on the line as theres a Traktor DJ waiting to grab my job.. Thanks VDJ.. I won't tell my wife and daughter that VDJ may have cost me my job when rent isn't paid and were hungry. Ill take the blame for it and just blame it on my brand new macbook pro. PLEASE give us an update!

Posted Tue 28 Feb 12 @ 2:24 am
If you are using the MC6000, please ensure that you have the latest drivers and firmware for it installed from http://www.denondj.com

If you encounter further problems, you can also contact support for direct assistance: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

NOTE: As a professional working DJ, you should also always have a backup solution ready to go that you can fall back on in an emergency regardless of what DJ software and hardware you are using. Please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Do%20I%20need%20a%20backup%20system%20on%20stand-by.html

Posted Tue 28 Feb 12 @ 4:49 am
tadarylPRO InfinityMember since 2011
lightningfb wrote :
skylerlegrande56 wrote :

Yeah this just happened to me in the club this past Saturday. I was watching and waiting to see if I would be able to regain control over my music before it e ended.. Sure enough, I had to loop the last 8 bars and pray to God for a miracle. needless to say, that miracle never came and i was very embarrassed as I was playing for a very enthenic crowd AND al of the owners plus the new GM was in the house. To make things even worse, that was the day we were supposed to talk about my pay raise for spinning vids. VDJ did failed me 4 times that night, and guess what.. That raise never came, as a matter of fact, my job is now on the line as theres a Traktor DJ waiting to grab my job.. Thanks VDJ.. I won't tell my wife and daughter that VDJ may have cost me my job when rent isn't paid and were hungry. Ill take the blame for it and just blame it on my brand new macbook pro. PLEASE give us an update!

Hey,

I have a macbook pro thats a year old and the denon mc 6000. Starting 3 weeks ago my VDJ started freezing up at least one time every gig. I dj in multiple professional spots and it has froze up in all of them. VDJ was great until 3 weeks ago. I'm not sure what has changed in the software but I hope it gets fixed because it will cost me my jobs also.

Posted Sun 11 Mar 12 @ 1:39 pm
Please don't post the same message more than once. Your duplicate messages in the other topics have been moderated. Please keep further discussion on this subject in this topic only.

Please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/My%20computer%20keeps%20crashing%20or%20freezing.html

Also, try to think back over the past few weeks what changes you have made that could have caused this, e.g: Installing new effects, skins or other plugins.

Posted Sun 11 Mar 12 @ 5:09 pm
sikko03PRO InfinityMember since 2008
a update from my macbook didn't work, when i did this from my pc... it worked..

hopefully no freezee issues again

Posted Mon 14 May 12 @ 8:16 am
no more freeze issues for me. i changed skins, and went back to 3-1-2-4, on two decks, and never looked back. i was using the mc-6000 skin but it was giving to many issues, went back to vdj skin. I also turned off wi-fi. i also have a back up computer waiting to go just in case. plugged into my channels 3-4, i use that computer for netsearch if i ever need to.

Posted Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 12:18 am
gkon116PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have an early 2011 MBP with 16 gb of ram a 256 gb SSD drive. I too use the 6000 and the freezing happens to me as well. But my system doesn't crash, it just freezes. If I'm playing a song on deck 1 and start typing something in the search field, the screen will freeze but the music keeps going without any hiccups or stuttering. It also happens when I backspace in the search field, screen will freeze temporarily, but again music keeps playing.

I've used several different skins; the mixstation skin, the 6000 skin by lunatico, & the default VDJ skin. My 6000 has the latest firmware updates, I'm using VDJ 7.05, my MAC OS is with Snow Leopard. I've checked permissions for my external HD & everything seems ok.

Since I haven't had any issues with VDJ crashing on me, I'm willing to live with the temporary freezes.

Support has responded to me with things they believe may help, I've tried them & but nothing seems to help the freezing.

Nick

Posted Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 10:50 pm
kmacnyPRO InfinityMember since 2011
DJClint77 wrote :
Do you guys have the stock Ram & Hard drive?

Also have you given your drive permission under disk utilities this is a big one from what I've seen.

The only reason I ask about the ram I was having some freeze issue myself but when I upgraded to 8 GB ram 99% of freeze problems went away, I also upgraded my drive to 7200rpm that also helped a bunch.

DJClint.....how do you do the permission under disk utilities. I have had the same issue, but think I have cleared it with more ram and firmware update. Now have a new Mac book...which should help, but would love to rule out everything.

Posted Mon 07 Jan 13 @ 8:24 am
I went out Brought a Brand New Mac pro BRAND NEW no other program on it .I said to my self that this computer will be my DJ only computer .I go pay for a vdj pro upgrade .it hooks up with my Numark mix pro lovely .go at it for a hour or and BAMM the video freezes .song keep playing but video freeze .last week a friend let me use his older mac in the middle of the party it just froze.so i said im gonna buy me a brand new mac and it does it again ..i see u say have a back up but man after spending a couple grand on a new computer and new software from you guys there is no back PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS ISSUE

Posted Thu 14 Mar 13 @ 1:31 am
i have the same issue with hercules RMX

Posted Thu 04 Apr 13 @ 5:52 pm
Hercules MX4 midi, with Mx4 skin to match. VDJ Pro. Mac Book pro 2012 running Lion OSX. More freezes than ever. 7 Weddings this Sumer coming up. CD burner is locked and loaded. We're going old school! Growing a stash. Please help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Paul.

Posted Sun 07 Apr 13 @ 10:18 pm
77%