Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Convert Windows Media Player Info to Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

thomkatPRO InfinityMember since 2011
When looking at Windows Media Player, it shows song and artist. When I pull up the music on VDJ, it shows just the song and, if I want the artist listed, I manually have to fill it in. Is there any way to transfer the info from Windows Media Player to VDJ? I have sooooooo many compilation CDs and to go through typing in the info for each song will take years.

Oh, and please? Try to dummy up your responses just a tad, please? I have two things going against me: (1) I'm semi-computer illiterate; and (2) I'm blonde (really). LOL

Thanks!

Posted Thu 08 Sep 11 @ 8:25 am
If you re-rip your CDs with windows media player, but make make sure you use the option to rip into mp3 you will be sorted. I had this issue years ago with WMA format.

Or you could get some software to convert from WMA to MP3.

hope this helps

Posted Thu 08 Sep 11 @ 8:29 am
VirtualDJ can read tags from MP3 and MP4 files.

If your files are in another format, only the file name can be used to determine this information. Make sure that the file name is in standard format Artist - Title (E.g: ABBA - Dancing Queen.wma) for them to appear correctly in the browser.

Posted Thu 08 Sep 11 @ 8:33 am
thomkatPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have software that may actually do that. I need to look at it tonight. I know I can do it song, by song. Wonder if I can do it file by file so as not to take as long? I'll check. Thanks for the idea.

Posted Thu 08 Sep 11 @ 8:33 am
Bulk tagging software such as Tag&Rename can help you correctly tag and rename multiple files.

Also, you should be able to find bulk software that can convert songs from one format to another.

Posted Thu 08 Sep 11 @ 8:35 am
No probs hope you get is sorted :-)

Posted Thu 08 Sep 11 @ 8:39 am
How do I take a playlist from virtual DJ and download it on window media play or convert to where I can put it on window media player?

Posted Sat 22 Aug 15 @ 1:15 am
I'm not sure this is any automatic way to do this. WMP only allows you to create a playlist from songs that have been imported into its library. Consequently, you first need to import the songs into WMP; then you need to manually create the playlist by locating the songs in WMP and dragging them into the WMP playlist. It would have been nice if you could copy your xxxxx.m3u VDJ playlist file and stick in a specific folder where WMP would recognize it as playlist, but that's not the case.

Posted Mon 24 Aug 15 @ 2:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)