Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ pro upgrade?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been using virtual DJ home, and when I got my Mixtrack Pro I got LE. Before I joined the site, it said I could upgrade to pro for only $50. I was thinking about doing it but before I bought I thought I should test it out and try it for 20 days. I still have about 15 days tomorrow and when I was ready to purchase it, it said the upgrade was going to be $150. Did I miss a sell, or did it think I had the wrong product? It said I only had to pay $50 and just to add my sku (item number) but I didn't have the money at the time. And if I remember correctly, my controller, turns off after a few mins. Which I know the trial does. But before it never did that, so when I go back to my virtual Dj I will be even more screwed. Because I won't be able to use my controller for over 10 mins without having to restart, and if I want to upgrade that will cost me $100 more than the price it was asking to before. I feel kind of bummed out here. I am hoping it was a sale I missed that maybe I will get a promotional discount later on this year. But to pay $150 ( I know retail is about $400 ) when I could have paid $50 on this site... I don't know it's worth it, or if I should just start looking for a newer software to use. If anyone can help it will be greatly appraised. Thank you.

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 6:01 pm
$150? You're lucky lol
I have to pay $199 for the upgrade even after entering my LE key. I think there might be different discount rates for different bundle packages. I'm not sure though. Is it worth the money? I think so. I haven't tried other types of software but I have yet to find something I want that VDJ Pro doesn't have. (I'm on the 20 day trial too but will fork over the cash whenever it runs out.)

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 6:56 pm
$50 to upgrade sound pretty cheap, I have never seen it that low. The lowest I have seen is $150 with RMX and vms4 controllers.

Posted Thu 01 Sep 11 @ 12:05 am
The upgrade price is STARTING from $49 depending on the product that you upgrade from:

Upgrade to VirtualDJ Pro, prices starting at $49 (36.62 €) *
(*): Price of the upgrade depends on the product you upgrade from.

For MixTrack Pro, the discounted upgrade price is a very generous $149 instead of the normal full price of $299.

(The more expensive a product is, the greater the discount. $49 is to crossgrade from full Numark Cue or VirtualVinyl software to full VirtualDJ Pro.)

NOTE: After the Pro trial expires, the VirtualDJ LE will continue to work with the MixTrack Pro with LE software limitations: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html - It is not limited to 10 minutes unless you are trying to use with other MIDI controllers, advanced sound configuration or other Pro features.

Posted Thu 01 Sep 11 @ 7:13 am
I got a DJ2GO and tried the Pro Version for 20 days, but, at the fourth day (I had only used a couple of times) I clicked the "Return to default settings" and it took me back to the DJ2GO version saying that my 20 days-trial was already used. How can I finish my trial period?

Posted Sun 13 Nov 11 @ 11:04 am
The trial will expire like that if you already have the full version on your system.

The reasoning is: you don't need a trial if you have the full version already.

Posted Sun 13 Nov 11 @ 3:22 pm

Posted Sun 13 Nov 11 @ 3:29 pm
You know whether you get the software cheap or not it still worth the money. I brought mine because I wanted to use the skins I like and I hate having limited features. I just don't like the idea that if theres a total new upgrade or version that required a whole new installation.
There's another software that I really like over VDJ because of the features that VDJ should added.
One software versus have strong point and weak points. I own other software beside VDJ. One software doesn't have crossfade when I thought it did, bust it does wonders in some area. I'm not putting down or talking down VDJ. I paid for what get and so far VDj is good.

Posted Wed 28 Mar 12 @ 4:18 pm
Will there be another virtual DJ 7 update?

Posted Wed 05 Sep 12 @ 1:52 pm
Version 7.1 is due any time now. Service release with some new controller mappings and a few additional features not yet announced.

Keith

Posted Wed 05 Sep 12 @ 2:03 pm
Well, thanks again everyone. I been using le but I might buy it. I really like djay though and was thinking of moving over to numark idjay pro but I ended up going for this, but I use my ipad so much I might buy the virtual dj remote when it goes on sale.

Posted Sat 04 May 13 @ 12:36 am
VirtualDJ iRemote is already available for sale and has been for some time - please see:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/What%20is%20iRemote.html

Please note that iRemote is a remote controller for VirtualDJ running on your PC or Mac only. There is no native version of VirtualDJ for iPad available yet.

Posted Sat 04 May 13 @ 4:12 pm
Support staff wrote :
VirtualDJ iRemote is already available for sale and has been for some time - please see:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/What%20is%20iRemote.html

Please note that iRemote is a remote controller for VirtualDJ running on your PC or Mac only. There is no native version of VirtualDJ for iPad available yet.

instead of starting a new topic, i just had a quick question to this. is there any talk about an android version?

Posted Sun 05 May 13 @ 7:54 am

Posted Sun 05 May 13 @ 7:09 pm
if I buy virtualdj pro upgrade will I still buy it again or its permanently mine for ever

Posted Fri 23 Oct 15 @ 11:06 am

Posted Fri 23 Oct 15 @ 11:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)