Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: karaoke problem mp3+g

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JadefiaHome userMember since 2011
Hallo :)

I've been using virtual dj to run my karaoke tracks. I have all my mp3+g's on an external hard drive... not changed anything that I'm aware of it's worked for weeks then all of a sudden this week certain tracks aren't playing any more. It just comes up with error. I have noticed that these tracks that did work up until the week before do say .mp3 on the end... some videos work no problem. But when the error comes up it says internet connection error, yet I've not had it connected to the internet the previous weeks. I guess this is probably a used error, can anyone help?

Cheers.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 4:59 am
Please check the following:

(1) The karaoke files are in MP3+G format (.mp3 file + .cdg file.) VirtualDJ does not support .kar MIDI files, .bin files or playing Karaoke directly from the original CD+G discs. If you have original CDG discs, you will need to 'rip' them to MP3+G format, or purchase karaoke in MP3+G format directly from on-line karaoke vendors. To find tools for ripping MP3+G, please search Goggle for: rip mp3+g

(2) The files have been named correctly - The .ZIP file (If zipped) and the .MP3 and .CDG files contained within it must all have the same name, e.g:

ABBA - Dancing Queen (SF123-01).zip
|- ABBA - Dancing Queen (SF123-01).mp3
`- ABBA - Dancing Queen (SF123-01).cdg

(3) If zipped, the .ZIP file is not corrupted or is using non-standard compression. Some older karaoke ripping software produces corrupted .ZIP files that VirtualDJ cannot read. If you have trouble loading a .ZIP, simply extract its contents and then rezip it again using the .ZIP support built-into Windows XP and above (Right-click -> Send to compressed folder) or MacOS (CMD + click -> Create archive)

NOTE: With today's large hard drives, zipping is not really necessary.

NOTE: On a Mac, please ensure that you do not have too many ZIP files in the same folder, otherwise they may not be displayed. Most KJ's usually organise their collection by disk number (E.g: /Karaoke/Sunfly/SF123, /Karaoke/Sunfly/SF124, etc.) so this is not usually a problem.

(4) You have added the files to your VirtualDJ database. To do this, use the VirtualDJ browser to browse to the folder where they are located, right-click on it and choose Add to search DB

(5) You have not disabled the display of karaoke files - Click on the eye icon to the far-right of the browser search bar and ensure that karaoke is ticked.

NOTE: To display full-screen video or karaoke, you will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html - All other versions are limited to a small window only.

Playing MP3 files should not require an Internet connection. If you are getting this message, then maybe they are copy protected in some way (E.g: From subscription service?) If this is the case, then they will not be playable if they have expired and you have no connection or you have cancelled your subscription to the service that you obtained them from.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 7:23 am
It is 100% for sure from old zip programs. I took out 3 songs in a row that Virtual DJ would not read and re-zipped them with the window zip and added them back into their folders. When i opened Virtual DJ back up, all 3 files would read and play with no error message. So if you did as I did 12 or 13 years ago and ripped your discs into zip files, they all have to be redone. Now I have a question, is there any program out there that will re-zip older files and if so, can it do it in mass quantities? Thanks in advance and I hope this helps everyone that is having this same problem.

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 6:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)