Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VMS4 Problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vixezPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello, I just received the VMS4 and I'm already experiencing issues.

I want to use an external USB sound card as output.
The VMS4 should control VDJ.

Problems:
1) Volume sliders dont affect VDJ
2) The channels arent split. The left channel in VDJ makes both LED volume strips move equally.
The Midilog 2 slider controls the volume of both LED strips (however, moving the slider doesn't change the volume level at all.)
The volume changes on the vms4 but the speakers/vdj dont change.
3) Moving the crossfader doesn't do anything either.
4) Bass, mid, treble etc dont change anything on vdj nor can I hear any changes.

All other buttons like play,pause,jogwheel,pitch,... work fine.
So everything works but the volume sliders and volume LEDs (+crossfader)

This is my setup:

http://i.imgur.com/h2S8c.png
http://i.imgur.com/9ZlrL.png

I have Ch2 & CH3 set to USB, the rest to analog.

Do I need to put the ASSIGN knobs to a certain position?
Am I missing something?
What do I need to put the knobs in the front of the panel on?

This is my first "real" panel so bear with me :p

Posted Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 11:24 am
vixezPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Alright, so I decided to do the remapping myself.
I did everything but I can't find how to set the volume LED's.
The left volume LEDs work with the left panel in VDJ, but I can't find how to set the right volume LED's with the second deck.

Posted Sat 16 Jul 11 @ 5:08 am
depending on what Version of VDJ your using? the sliders for volume never worked because th VMS4 is a analog mix in V7 to 7.02

In V7.03 the voulume faders and eq nobs worked...even the crossfader...like I said depends on which version you are using.

Posted Thu 21 Jul 11 @ 4:29 pm
i need help im using american audio vms4

the faders are in the middle all volumes are down except the gain and master volume
i drag a song to deck b wich is in channel 3 (midilog 3) played it and you can hear it on air but with low sound if you raise the volume in channel 3 nothing will happen but if u raise any volume in 1 2 and channel 4. it will slowly slowly rise. how can i fix this pls pls help me im using this for my gigs. tnx

Posted Sat 05 Nov 11 @ 6:04 am
My VMS4's deck are backwards. like, when i play a song on the 2nd deck if i use the channel 2 volume it won't work, only the channel 1 volume will work. my controls are set normal & I've reset the factory settings. what do i do?

Posted Wed 16 Nov 11 @ 4:44 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Fri 18 Nov 11 @ 10:19 pm
i pretty much have the same problem, my the volume slider on my 3rd channel recently started acting up, wont go up all the way nor will it go down all the way, and when i put the volume all the way down on my 2nd channel i can still faintly hear it aswell. i am on 2 deck mode, bt yet when i move the 4th channel volume slider, the 3rd channel reacts to it. i am using vdj pro 7.0.5 and the latest drivers for the vms4. is this a problem that can be fixed with deoxIt contact cleaner? or a problem with the vms?, please HEEEELP!

Posted Tue 31 Jan 12 @ 5:02 pm
let me know if you found a solution pimp, thanks!

Posted Tue 31 Jan 12 @ 5:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Please do not post your issue to multiple threads. The problem you have is hardware related. Please contact with American Audio Support.

Posted Tue 31 Jan 12 @ 8:18 pm
vixez wrote :
Hello, I just received the VMS4 and I'm already experiencing issues.

I want to use an external USB sound card as output.
The VMS4 should control VDJ.

Problems:
1) Volume sliders dont affect VDJ
2) The channels arent split. The left channel in VDJ makes both LED volume strips move equally.
The Midilog 2 slider controls the volume of both LED strips (however, moving the slider doesn't change the volume level at all.)
The volume changes on the vms4 but the speakers/vdj dont change.
3) Moving the crossfader doesn't do anything either.
4) Bass, mid, treble etc dont change anything on vdj nor can I hear any changes.

All other buttons like play,pause,jogwheel,pitch,... work fine.
So everything works but the volume sliders and volume LEDs (+crossfader)

I have Ch2 & CH3 set to USB, the rest to analog.

Do I need to put the ASSIGN knobs to a certain position?
Am I missing something?
What do I need to put the knobs in the front of the panel on?

This is my first "real" panel so bear with me :p

Posted Fri 29 Jun 12 @ 12:55 pm
HI I´m having troubbles with using my VMS4 as an analog mixer. I´m using the Vms4 master out in to an external usb soundcard and analog synths on all the line ins in the VMS4 mixer.
In the manuals it says it should just be to switch from USB/Analog i the front panel but this does not work. i´m getting no sound from my Synths.
Do i need to comfig something in advanced setting before i switch from usb to Analog?

It worked before but after i used the Vms4 as midicontroller to Vdj i can´t get the analog channels to work again

/Björn Diffus

Posted Sun 13 Mar 16 @ 12:39 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
did you setup your unit in pre or post eq mode ?

Posted Mon 14 Mar 16 @ 2:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)