Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Flickering

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I see flickering video throughout VirtualDJ (Home edition from the Mac App Store), including when I activate a custom video effect plugin. It seems to be a bug in VirtualDJ, but some plugins, such as "Boom" manage not to trigger it.

If I create a video effect plugin which does nothing in its OnDraw function, and returns S_FALSE so VirtualDJ does the drawing, the video flickers.

Any pointers for flicker-free effect plugins?

Posted Fri 01 Jul 11 @ 7:59 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's probably a problem your end. I experience no flicker with plugins and noone else has ever mentioned it AFAIK.

Posted Fri 01 Jul 11 @ 7:31 pm
Oh right, bit weird.

I see flickering if I mix two videos, default Mac App Store installation, no custom plugins, on either of the machines I've tried - Mid-2010 15" MBP i7 with GeForce GT 330M and iMac 5,1 Radeon X1600.

Posted Sat 02 Jul 11 @ 10:30 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I'll have a play later today but I've been writing ScrollText for Mac recently and haven't experienced any flicker issues. I think I'm doing the render myself rather than S_FALSE.

Let me do a couple of tests and get back to you.

Posted Wed 20 Jul 11 @ 7:40 am
Thanks - I've tried doing the render myself and it makes no difference to the flickering for me. Will be interested to hear how you get on.

Posted Thu 21 Jul 11 @ 5:40 am
To add to the info, a setup from a user which exhibits no flickering without the effect, and flickers with it enabled:

Virtual DJ Pro 7.0.4, Macbook Pro i7, AMD Radeon HD 6750M

Posted Thu 21 Jul 11 @ 5:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)