Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: plugin request - feedback loop

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The only reason I still have my efx 1000 is for the feedback loop, the rest of the effects can be done internally, so this would make an amazing addition to vdj's effects arsenal and would be something no other software provides..

to do a feed back loop, you need to be able to record an 8 bar loop to memory, then be able to repeat the last part based on the loop size selected, the efx1000 has 8, 4, 2, 1, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8

The idea of feedback looping is to record the 8 bar loop then cut it up using the other loop sizes and return to 8 bars to repeat your cut up pattern, It is very useful (it among other things made james zabeila famous!)

The efx also has pitch echo which sounds amazing for fades, by increasing/decreasing the current pitch every time the loop cycles based on the position of the character knob, this would be great aswell.

Another function I would like that you need to do manually with the efx1000 is have a button in the plugin to toggle stopping the track when the feedback loop is engaged, so you can choose to either stop the track while you mess it up or let it play through but muted, then unmute when the effect is disengaged.

Posted Sat 18 Jun 11 @ 10:20 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Have you tried my EchoDoppler? By default you can record 1 beat with Dry/Wet = 50%, then move to 100% so that only the echo will be played.

Posted Mon 20 Jun 11 @ 3:59 am
That would definitely work if the tape echo size was increased to 8 seconds to make room for anything above 60bpm and you made buttons for 8, 4, 2, 1, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 repeat sizes as the maths would need to be done in the plugin and 2 buttons for 50% & 100% dry/wet, and if your really keen have a toggle button for when dry/wet reaches 100% it pauses the current track or continues playing depending on the position of the toggle switch, but wet/dry could easily be programmed on a midi controller.

I have to say as well, when you record a loop and decrease the depth it sounds awesome, you have made a fantastic plugin tex

Posted Mon 20 Jun 11 @ 4:33 am

Posted Sun 26 Jun 11 @ 5:12 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
deun deun, any plans on releasing this plugin? the video looks fantastic, i think thats exactly the feedback loop everyone wants, too

Posted Sun 26 Jun 11 @ 8:28 pm

Posted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 2:33 am
you sir are a god, I especially like that you are effecting the playing loop so you never lose the position of the track and suddenly find yourself in a breakdown :D I'm listing my efx 1000 now! this plugin is amazing! one problem I am having though is mapping the slider to 3/4 which is essential to mess up the beat, Is there anyway you could update it so 3/4 is linked to a slider position as I tried the settings in your blog but they don't work for midi buttons as far as I can figure out, I have just mapped them to percentage of the slider position

eg. deck default effect "magic loop" slider 1 40%

I'm not sure how to define the value

deck default effect "magic loop" slider 1 value="1800"

Thankyou thankyou thankyou !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

for anyone else here is the blog entry and the video

AND ITS NON DESTRUCTIVE IF YOU GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL LOOP SIZE !!!!!! OMG IN NEVER GOING TO STOP USING THIS!!!

IT JUST GETS BETTER YOU CAN EFFECT IT TOO!

http://it.virtualdj.com/homepage/Deun-Deun/blogs/739/MAGIC_LOOP_%28FEEDBACK_LOOPING%29.html

Posted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 4:31 am
English subtitles added :-)

Posted Sun 03 Jul 11 @ 5:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)