Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Removing some Sonique files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I searched for a while and did not come up with what I want to do. There are some graphics in Sonique that I would like to remove.

First if I do remove them will that affect the plugin?

Secondly if not then do I simply go into the Sonique folder and remove the file?

Lastly the file names for some really do not coincide with the effect. As example the one that displays the website honto.com is not labeled that way. So does anyone know the order on how the file graphics are displayed when Sonique is activated? Is it alphabetical? by file date? or plain old random which will make things more challenging to figure out which to remove.

Thanks!!
Edwin
"DJ WiN"

Posted Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 7:23 am
Deleting individual Sonique effect files (.svp) will not affect the plugin in any way, however you should not do this while VirtualDJ is running.

To find out the file name of an effect, simply go to EFFECTS -> Video Effects -> Sonique

It shows the file name of the current effect on this page. Wait until the effect that you do not want is shown. You will then see its file name and can delete it.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 7:44 am
Super!!! Thanks! Will let you know how it turns out.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 8:05 am
No Biggie Senor....God knows I was deleting and reloading a while back...there harmless little buggers....;-)

Posted Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 9:54 pm
Hi again. For some reason mine is not configured as you wrote: simply go to EFFECTS -> Video Effects -> Sonique

Mine is set up like this: Plugins > Sonique.zip > Sonique. The .svp files are there.

Also I do see the file name but no effect or what it looks like. Unless I misunderstood VDJ is not running.

I'm using Windows Vista.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 2:55 am
The above means to go to EFFECTS tab in VirtualDJ, then Video Effects and choose Sonique.

At the bottom of the plugin's screen you can then see which file is currently in use, so when a Sonique visulisation plugin that you don't want appears on screen, you can make a note of the its file name so that you can delete it.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 5:37 am
That was it. Removed the unwanted ones and all is good so far. Thanks again!

Posted Sat 18 Jun 11 @ 8:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)