Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: why no native full hd skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi all,
a question was raised on the dutch forum asking why there is no native 1920x1080 supported skin.

since this is the full hd standard and a lot of lcd displays use it these days, i thought it was a valid question,

so why is there no full hd skin build into the setup of vdj.

thanks

Posted Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 9:05 am
s.waterreus wrote :
hi all,
a question was raised on the dutch forum asking why there is no native 1920x1080 supported skin.

since this is the full hd standard and a lot of lcd displays use it these days, i thought it was a valid question,

so why is there no full hd skin build into the setup of vdj.

thanks

All is possible. i am begining to make skins in this resolution.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 9:43 am
It is a serious let down and I personally think the default skin is the "shop window" of VDJ. The current download should include the default skins in all "standard" screen resolutions of which 1920x1080 is one of them. People downloading this for the first time may be put off by the lack of resolutions available in the download package.

There are other HD skins available but only to Pro users.

A more permanent solution would be to use vector graphics which can be stretched to all screen sizes like Traktor.

Keith

Posted Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 1:34 pm
I mentioned this when v7 was first released, and got shot down in flames for it!

My screen is 1920 x 1200 which is common for 24" monitors.

I agree though, that a vector based option would be best, so it would just fit to whatever screen it was used on - and we should be able to resize the various elements of it by clicking and dragging on the section borders.

We could still have skins, but the vector layout should be a standard part of VDJ.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 9:31 am
well i guess full hd isn't the standard afterall, maybe in the near future.
since no teamers have responded to this topic, i guess there really is no priority for this.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 10:15 am
1920x monitors are pretty standard. Most 24" screens are 1920x1080 and top end laptops also support this. Apple screens on the cinema display and 17" Macbook Pro have been 1920x1200 for a long time.

Keith

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 12:26 pm
1900x1200 is a common resolution for 24" inch screens that use a 16:10 format.
they were popular for a while, but are not so common anymore.
we will just have to wait for standard higher resolutions or better a graphic variation like u mentioned.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 3:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)