Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: dsp_Distortion mapping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm trying to map this effect on my hercules RMX or keyboard....essentially, I want it to work this way. If i turn my gain knob while holding shift, I want the effect to turn on and modify the 'downsample' parameter in the 'dsp_Distortion' effect. This is the second parameter for the effect, and I haven't seen any documentation of how to modify any parameter other than the default parameter.

right now I have the knob assigned to the 'filter' effect and it works great....I would even try using an additional midi controller, like my iphone and iTap Pad, but i just cant find out how to modify the 'downsample' parameter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm running VDJ Pro 7 on my macbook pro w/ a Hercules RMX

Thanks

Posted Sat 04 Jun 11 @ 5:27 pm
no problem, to map buttons or sliders for effects you use effect "effectname" slider # or effect "effectname" button #

so to map it.. (you need to change the shift name to what yours is called, and fill in the deck #)

var_equal 'shift' ? deck # effect "distorter" slider 2 : deck # effect "filter" slider 1

Posted Sat 04 Jun 11 @ 5:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)