Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can't find the program

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When i download the setup i go throught it but the program doesn't some up anywhere on my computer. But it lets me detlte is off my Programs.... Where can i find it?

Posted Wed 25 May 11 @ 6:03 pm
It should normally create a desktop shortcut as well as a standard start menu entry in Programs -> VirtualDJ

Once installed, the program files can be found in C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ (Or C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualDJ on a 64-bit computer.)

Posted Fri 27 May 11 @ 7:21 am
I get similar issue with Win 7 (Premium Home Edition 64bit), trying to run VirtualDJ Home 7.0.4.

First install and use:
---------------------------------
After a successful install, I chose to run the program immediately, it worked seamlessly for 30 min, of which I enjoyed '10min' of video mixing.

I quit the program and later rebooted PC.

Rebooting: where is everything gone!
------------------------------------------------------
Then no Shortcut on Desktop or Start Menu neither on my user profile (regular user), nor on the Admin profile. (did not check after first running the program)

As indicated, I manually went to C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualDJ\ and executed virtualdjhome.exe, and then get the following error:

- Installation Error!
Please reinstall VirtualDJ from the official installer.
If you have multiple accounts on this computer, make sure you install from the account you are using, not from Administrator.

First uninstall attempt and restart:
---------------------------------------------------
Went to Windows Control Panel/ add-remove program and 'uninstalled' the 'VirtualDJ toolbar' as it was the only program, rebooted.

Tried to reinstall from same install package, same error, no program found in Control Panel/ remove programs.

Deleted install package, redownloaded, reinstalled (it seemed to recognise the previous options, as I was not prompted for install path, nor components), it told me completed succesfully, not option to launch, and again no start menu, nor shortcut on either admin or my user profile.

I did not erase the C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualDJ\ folder, nor cleaned the registry, however, not sure it would do a difference.

Rebooted PC and changing from user to admin account:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I lied I found a "VirtualDJ Home FREE" shortcut on the admin profile, but launching ends with same results!!!

Since, I can't seem to completely uninstall, not sure if adding Admin to my profile, might help!

Desperate!!!

Posted Sat 28 May 11 @ 1:06 am
I found my own answer.

1- Even after making my account admin, rebooting PC and trying to reinstall again with the same persisting message.

2- I decided, what have I got to loose, I never had logged in the PC as the Admin user, was only going through the File Explorer (or library as called now) to the Admin profile.

And you know what, all the program shortcuts, start menu folder where there.

I was even able to run the program!

3- I am now uninstalling from the admin user, to reinstall on my user profile (now that it is admin.)

I am quite certain it will work, if I don't update this post, consider that it is working!

Posted Sat 28 May 11 @ 1:28 am
Indeed after uninstalling from admin account, and reinstalling from User (with admin) privileges, all features of VirtualDJ appeared.

Posted Mon 30 May 11 @ 11:06 pm
@BGODDY: Please don't unnecessarily bump an old topic by quoting an entire post and adding nothing to it. Your post has been moderated. If you have a genuine question or are experiencing a problem, please feel free to open your own new post giving as much information as possible so that others can help you.

[Old topic closed]

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 5:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)