Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: VPLaser, if you have a video projector, now you also have a RGB Laser !!! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi,

I had just release a new plugin : VPLaser. You can find it in the section "OTHER" of the plugin download page.

VPLaser allow you to have a RGBLaser effect using a video projector.
Scenes are adjustable (see "Read Me VPLaser.txt").

VPLaser reproduit l'effet de lumière d'un laser RGB à l'aide d'un vidéo projecteur. Les scènes sont configurables (voir "Read Me VPLaser.txt")

VPLaser le permite tener un efecto láser RGB utilizando un vídeo proyector.
escenas son ajustables (ver "Read Me VPLaser.txt")

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/13134/VPLaser.html

Posted Mon 23 May 11 @ 2:17 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Would be ideal if you could put up a video of the plugin in action Kaleo.... thanks.

Posted Mon 23 May 11 @ 3:06 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
You need a very high brightness projector, or you'll get only a faint ray!

Posted Mon 23 May 11 @ 6:53 am
@ tayla: Sorry, I don't have my videoprojector for some days.

@TexZK : Try it, You will be surprise!
To improve the brightness of the VPLaser, you can adjust the thickness of the source.
The more the source (line, point, circle...) is thick, the more the effect will be bright.

Kaléo.

Posted Mon 23 May 11 @ 7:07 am
This sounds great!! Gonna give this a try when I get home.

Great work
Huey

Posted Mon 23 May 11 @ 7:23 am
is it a good idea to smoke out your projector, whenever I use mine in a smoke filled area I have a separate fan blowing the smoke away, would it matter If I didn't use the fan?

Posted Mon 23 May 11 @ 7:55 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
You should spread the smoke in the same direction of the projection in order to avoid having smoke moisture on electronics, lenses and mirrors. Never let the smoke go inside of it if you can!

Posted Mon 23 May 11 @ 1:53 pm
I'm not sure how this works...........when I activate it a window pops up and I can see the patterns, but shouldnt it automaticlly go out to my projector?? Not as a windows "Window"??

Is there something else I need to configure??

Huey

P.S., Could you make the "Speed" setting at the highest alot faster? To me it seems kinda slow even at the fastest setting, unless theres a way I can make it even faster?? I will say there was no jump in my CPU when I turned it on which is wonderful!!

No estoy seguro de cómo funciona esto ........... cuando lo active una ventana emergente y puedo ver los patrones, pero shouldnt que automaticlly salir a mi proyector? No como una ventana "Ventana"?
¿Hay algo más que deba configurar?

Huey

PS, ¿Podría hacer la "velocidad" establecer al más alto nivel mucho más rápido? A mí me parece un poco lento, incluso en la configuración más rápida, a menos que hay un camino que puede hacer que sea aún más rápido? Voy a decir que no había salto en mi CPU cuando se convirtió en el cual es maravilloso!

Posted Mon 23 May 11 @ 11:34 pm
Just move the windows on your videoprojector display and click inside it to swtich in fullscreen mode.
;-)

Kaléo

Posted Tue 24 May 11 @ 5:19 am
Gotcha!!

Great job,
Huey

Posted Tue 24 May 11 @ 7:02 am
Go to CONFIG -> Video and choose your external video output in the list to enable full-screen video display.

Posted Tue 24 May 11 @ 7:50 am
@Support, that's what I did but it still chooses to use Windows and not my NVIDIA card. The thing I found weird was if I start the plugin a window pops up, like in my picture, but if I load a video it will display out through my projector. So basically I end up with 2 Windows, 1 for the laser and one with my video playing.

Anything I should do or check?? To me it seems like the plugin should go out where I have it set to in the config/video...........
Let me know

Huey

Posted Tue 24 May 11 @ 9:23 am
In that case it is probably using its own custom output window rather than the video output of VirtualDJ (I.e: As a video effect.)

You will need to drag it over to the video projector and maximise it.

You may get issues if you try to use it at the same time as video output from VirtualDJ (The two will conflict with each other.)

To the developer, it might be better if this was designed as a normal video effect that the user can activate on demand. They can then choose it as the effect to automatically use when playing audio files, similar to Sonique.

Posted Tue 24 May 11 @ 9:45 am
Yes your right, the window has the name of the laser software in it. I agree it would be better if it was a video plugin verses the way it is now. Then I could set it to automatically come when spinning an Mp3. Also @Kaleo could you explain alittle more on how to set scenes?? I'm not really understanding it, sorry for my ignorance, lol!

Huey

Posted Tue 24 May 11 @ 7:19 pm
Beat Breaker you are right I also could use a little more explanation.

Posted Tue 24 May 11 @ 8:01 pm

Posted Fri 03 Jun 11 @ 2:51 pm
Any instructions on how to configure scenes or if this will be an actual plugin (not put into the others folders)??

Thanks for the time and nice work
Huey

Posted Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 3:57 pm
Nice work!!!! :)

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 3:18 pm
Just got to checking this out....interesting!....can this (the external video & plugin ) be used in referrence to say the milkdrop/winamp plugin installation we were trying out a while back? what I mean (@Kaleo) is...is there a way to rebuild that winamp plugin to make it as smooth as this?....just a thought...

Posted Sun 18 Sep 11 @ 11:29 pm
Hello kaleo and the other Member of this Plugin!

Can someone make a Video of this Plugin in Action,
were nice to see .
I have no VDJ 7 Pro Full and cant not Test the Plugin,but iam very intresstest in this.
Great thanks forward

Greatings,vlnjacki

Posted Sun 27 Nov 11 @ 4:17 pm
71%