Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: MAC Book Pro Downloading Sound Effects

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I bought the Virtual DJ on the internet from the main site. Now, when I downloaded I moved the icon to be in the toolbar on the screen. I don\'t have a folder anywhere for the program just the program. I want to Download effects and need help!! Thanks

DJ_AK
The White Russian

Posted Sat 14 May 11 @ 2:43 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
They go in the Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\SoundEffect folder.

For future reference please don't attach a mammoth 'signature' image to your post.

Posted Sat 14 May 11 @ 9:03 pm
See I downloaded it right off the Website... 3 times now, and I never get the folder placed into my documents or that location your talking about. I have a mac book pro, with OSX 10.6.7 snow leopard.

Posted Fri 27 May 11 @ 12:52 pm
To install an effect on Mac, simply copy the file EffectName.bundle to the following folder:

MacintoshHD -> Users -> YOUR USER NAME -> Documents -> VirtualDJ -> Plugins -> AudioEffect

Or in new installations of VirtualDJ v7.0.3 or above:

MacintoshHD -> Users -> YOUR USER NAME -> Library -> VirtualDJ -> Plugins -> AudioEffect

NOTE: If VirtualDJ is currently running, you will need to restart it for the new effect to show up in the list.

Posted Fri 27 May 11 @ 3:06 pm
i have the same doubt. On the new MacBook Pro there is NO folder under the name either Virtual DJ, or AudioEffect, etc.
How can we install them???

Posted Sat 07 Jan 12 @ 1:37 pm

Posted Sat 07 Jan 12 @ 1:44 pm
Support staff wrote :
To install an effect on Mac, simply copy the file EffectName.bundle to the following folder:

MacintoshHD -> Users -> YOUR USER NAME -> Documents -> VirtualDJ -> Plugins -> AudioEffect

Or in new installations of VirtualDJ v7.0.3 or above:

MacintoshHD -> Users -> YOUR USER NAME -> Library -> VirtualDJ -> Plugins -> AudioEffect

NOTE: If VirtualDJ is currently running, you will need to restart it for the new effect to show up in the list.

now that i have done that it shows up in the effects window but when i click it it lights up but does nothing

Posted Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 8:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)